They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Create Slideshow pg 59 Guide to PE 9

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Re: Create Slideshow pg 59 Guide to PE 9

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks, George. That's exactly what I said above.

Once you've ported our slideshow from the Organizer to Premiere Elements, you can turn it back into media clips for further editing by right-clicking on it and selecting the Break Apart option.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jordanmphoto » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:43 pm

[quote="George Tyndall"][

Right-click on the clip, select Break Apart Slide Show and--voila!--you have individually-editable slides.

Hi George,
I just now came running back in here because I had an epiphany in the kitchen that there might be some function which breaks apart the slide show. So I came in and right clicked and -- voila! -- it surely came apart. Thanks anyway, because it really is the answer. Like you, I think that Organizer slide show works pretty nicely, particularly if you want to produce something quickly that looks reasonably sophisticated. :yh:
Desktop w/ Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20 ghz
8 GB RAM, 64 bit Win 7 OS, 1 TB hard drive
NVDIA graphics card GeForce GT 220
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Postby George Tyndall » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Jordanmphoto wrote:
George Tyndall wrote:[

Right-click on the clip, select Break Apart Slide Show and--voila!--you have individually-editable slides.

Hi George,
I just now came running back in here because I had an epiphany in the kitchen that there might be some function which breaks apart the slide show. So I came in and right clicked and -- voila! -- it surely came apart. Thanks anyway, because it really is the answer. Like you, I think that Organizer slide show works pretty nicely, particularly if you want to produce something quickly that looks reasonably sophisticated. :yh:

Here's the reason I like the 1-second cross-dissolve transition: When posing your model, ask her to move only her eyes from image to image--first down then sideways, then up, then the other side, then back down, then directly at the camera, for example: Notice how the stills "come alive" as if the model is actually moving, i.e., as if you are looking at a video clip rather than a still.

::wav::
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Thanks, George. That's exactly what I said above.

Once you've ported our slideshow from the Organizer to Premiere Elements, you can turn it back into media clips for further editing by right-clicking on it and selecting the Break Apart option.

Yes, I saw that, Steve.

Perhaps that is the reason the OP had an "epiphany" in the kitchen. :mrgreen:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 am

The important thing is that I think we all contributed to a solution! Glad you're up and running again, Jordan!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jordanmphoto » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Yeah, we did it. I am slowly catching on. It's really a challenge because IMHO Adobe programs are very counter-intuitive and I'm the kind of user who learns Windows programs intuitively (for the last 20 years). I hate following instructions, LOL.

(By "counter-intuitive", I mean that it's intuitive to take your photos and place them in an album like in real life, but in the Adobe Organizer you take the album and place it in the photo.)
Desktop w/ Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20 ghz
8 GB RAM, 64 bit Win 7 OS, 1 TB hard drive
NVDIA graphics card GeForce GT 220
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Eventually, it does become second nature, Jordan.

After all, I've been writing our Muvipix guides for 5 years -- and I'm often working without benefit of a manual of any kind!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Jordanmphoto wrote:Yeah, we did it. I am slowly catching on. It's really a challenge because IMHO Adobe programs are very counter-intuitive and I'm the kind of user who learns Windows programs intuitively (for the last 20 years). I hate following instructions, LOL.

(By "counter-intuitive", I mean that it's intuitive to take your photos and place them in an album like in real life, but in the Adobe Organizer you take the album and place it in the photo.)

If you prefer, you may drag the image(s) to the desired Album icon--select one or as many as you wish, then drag it/them to the icon,

But personally, I find it more convenient to select all that I wish to include in the Album, then drag the Album icon to the selection and--voila!--they are all instantly in the Album.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to PRE Version 9