They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Copy paste between projects with Elements 9

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Copy paste between projects with Elements 9

Postby Sjakie de Wilde » Tue May 10, 2011 6:06 am

Hello,

I have made a compilation movie with Adobe Elements 9 in which I use different video formats: both HD and DV. When I burn a Blu-Ray, however, the resolution of the DV-parts is too low and appears to be blurry. This is probably due to the fact that the project settings are on HD and the framerate is too low of the DV parts. I would like to 'rescue' the project by copy-pasting the movie into a new project with DV-settings (instead of HD). I don't mind the HD parts to being downscaled in quality, as long as the DV-parts are ok. I managed to copy paste the video using ClipMate. This works, but unfortunately, Adobe crashes when I try to burn the DVD. :pull: Are there other options that I can try to get save my project? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sjakie
Sjakie de Wilde
New User
New User

Re: Copy paste between projects with Elements 9

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue May 10, 2011 7:36 am

Hello and welcome to Muvipix!

Mixing video formats -- particularly mixing hi-def MPEGs/M2Ts and standard def AVIs -- in the same project nearly always leads to problems, Sjakie. And copying and pasting to another project won't really fix that. The project still will include the mixture of these two formats.

You'll really need to convert the hi-def video to DV-AVIs before you load it into a DV project. Unfortunately, I don't know a way to do this without your starting your current project over. Maybe someone else has an idea.

What models of camcorders did each video come from?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Sjakie de Wilde » Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 am

Ok thank you. Perhaps I will need delete the HD parts and downgrade them to DV separately before pasting them into the project... This might be a solution. Thanks Steve! I'll post if it worked or not.
Sjakie de Wilde
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 am

Before you put a lot of work into this, Sjakie, I'd like to make sure you know the best way to down-rez your hi-def video.

The best way is to use Premiere Elements for the process.
1) Open a hi-def project. You don't say what kind of camcorder your video is coming from, but hi-def camcorders can produce either tape-based HDV, AVCHD 1920x1080 or AVCHD 1440x1080. You do want to make sure your Premiere Elements project is set up for the right video format! We can help you if you get lost.
2) Once you've created the project and added your hi-def video to it, go to Share/Computer and save your video as DV-AVIs.

If your standard definition video is from a miniDV tape-based camcorder, you should then be able to mix both that camcorder's footage with the DV-AVIs you've just created in the same project and get great results.

Again, I urge you to use us as a resource. Tell us what kinds of camcorders your video is coming from and we can advise you the best way to work! We may be able to save you putting in hours more work than is necessary. But we need to know exactly what you're working with.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9