They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Wedding selection menu highlight problem

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Wedding selection menu highlight problem

Postby dsttexas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 am

I used the built in menu template called Outdoor Wedding. On the 2nd Selection menu I have 3 scene start points identified. In Preview you can test these by using the mouse to click on each one to play. There does not seem to be a way to test how they might be highlighted and selected when playing on a DVD.

After burning a DVD and trying it out, there is no highlighting or other indication on the TV screen at all as to which scene is being selected when using the DVD player remote arrow keys - you get no feedback. You can only select each one by guessing or trial and error. Worked this way on two different DVD/TV setups.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Don
Dell Vostro quad core i7, 6GB, Win 10 64 bit, latest service levels. Sony Movie Studio 12, DVD Arch Studio 5, Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
dsttexas

Re: Wedding selection menu highlight problem

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:45 am

On the scene selection menu, you should see little yellow/white triangles on the corners of the scene that's currently selected, as illustrated below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby dsttexas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:02 am

I do (now) see these while in Preview as I mouse over the selections. However, these yellow corner effects do not show when played on the DVD/TV as I use the remote's arrow keys.

I'm using the project preset for DSLR 1080 wide screen if that makes a difference with this menu.
Dell Vostro quad core i7, 6GB, Win 10 64 bit, latest service levels. Sony Movie Studio 12, DVD Arch Studio 5, Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
dsttexas

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:12 am

I've found that highlights of certain colors don't show up on the final DVD or BluRay output. That may be the case here.

Unfortunately, about the only way to fix that is to crack into the PSD file that is the disc template and manually change the highlight colors.

Write to me at steve at muvipix dot com and I'll send you a link to a modified template that you can try.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby dsttexas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:41 am

ok. Will do.

The corners of the clips don't show any changes at all when being highlighted, so not sure it's a color issue. Also shows the same issue playing on PC using InterActual Player, Corel WinDVD player and Windows Media Player. So maybe the edited version you mentioned will work better.

Thanks.
dsttexas

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:59 am

I've e-mailed you the modified template, Don. You'll just need to put it in C:/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Elements 9/DVD Templates/Common/General/Wedding/Outdoor Wedding -- either overwriting the current file or renaming the current file so that this one can replace it.

You will then need to restart Premiere Elements. You may also need to temporarily apply another template to your project to clear the preview -- then re-apply this one.

In place of the whitish corner highlights, each scene will now show a big yellow dot in the center when highlighted.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby dsttexas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Well, this just gets stranger and stranger.

I replaced the suspect "Outdoor Wedding" DVD Menu with the "Elegant" one provided by PreEl 9, and saved the project and closed PreEl.

I replaced (overwrote) the original file secondary menu psd file with the one I downloaded from the link you provided. I opened it with Photoshop Elements and verified it had the yellow circles, not the corner cuts.

Opened PreEl using the saved project file, dragged over the "new" template replacing the "Elegant" one, and it still had the corner cuts, and no circles!

Closed PreEl, opened a New Project, dropped in my avi file and set two scene markers. Dragged over the "new" menu template, and it still had the corner cuts!! This step was even done after a clean re-boot.

Double verified the correct: /program files/adobe/premier elements 9/dvd templates/common/wedding/(A) Outdoor Wedding/outdoor_hd_sm.psd file showed today's date. Even re-opened in Photoshop again to verify it had yellow circles. It did.

Where's Houdini when you need him?

However, regardless of this problem, I think there is an issue with this template on PreEl 9 in terms of no visible selection marks when burned to DVD. Can anyone recreate this - drop in a small avi, set a couple scene markers, drag over the template, burn it and see what you get?

Don
dsttexas

Postby dsttexas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:32 pm

In spite of the above issues, I started from scratch with my avi again, used the DVD Menu (old one still showing up!) and burned a new output - this one does show the corner cuts on the second scene selection menu so I can now make good DVD's. I guess third time was a charm, but I did it all the same way each time I do believe.

The other issues remain a complete puzzle.
dsttexas

Return to PRE Version 9