They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Ideas for two magic effects

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Ideas for two magic effects

Postby nickky007 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:45 pm

What a surprise! My subscription has expired and I still am able to post in the forum! Great!

Now to the effects.
My daughter performs at a school theater production of a fairy tale and I am supposed to do a camcorder recording. There are two scenes which will desperately need some supporting magic effects in the video recording to make visible what the spectator hardly can see in the real performance but should come out great on the video.

First, an effect which should produce a great visible sparkling of a glass-diamond ring (which actually has no great sparkling at all).

Second, an effect which should make visible how a fairy throws magically enchanting powder (e.g. like golden cornflakes) over the head and let it gently drift down into the hair of the good girl (e.g. sort of a particle effect along a curve).

Can this be done with PrE9. How?
nickky007

Re: Ideas for two magic effects

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi Nickky,
The forum membership is free and lasts forever :)

There is a gliding star in the products section that you might be able to use with a little editing
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
It has a transparent background so you can use it over any video.
This was created with After Effects and would be hard, if even possible, to do in Premiere Elements.

The "sparkle" on the other hand is not hard. Here is an example that Jamal did

I think it is just the Lens Flare effect.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mark hansen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Have you tried to Google "After effects magic dust" YOU get quite a few hits. Maybe one of those can help.
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Gerlinde » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Nickky,
There is a lens flare effect under the Effects > Video Fx > Generate tab. It's probably not exactly what you are looking fore, but maybe you can make it work for your purpose. Once you have the effect applied to your video, you can change the flares properties in the Properties panel. You can change its size and position and that together with the duration and/ or opacity might work.
There are also 2 options for Fairy dust. :-D Depending what OS you are using you find it here (mine is Windows 7 64bit):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 9\Movie Themes\Style\Fairytale.

Look for the icons with the .swf extension. You won't be able to preview them in Windows Explorer, but you can import them via > Get Media into PRE9 and preview them there. One is called Fairylights and there is also dust. You may have to apply the Video Merge effect or Luma in order to make them transparent.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby nickky007 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:19 am

Hi Chuck, mark hansen and gpecht,

gpecht's Fairy dust advice provided a fine solution for the current project. :)

mark hansen's Google "After effects magic dust" introduced me to After Effects wonderland. It's a pity that Pre9 is reluctant to import these nice looking *.flv files from YouTube (because of missing codec ??? - strange: Nero9 ShowTime, PowerDVD10 and mpc play these *.flv, Windows Media Player doesn't, like Pre9, because of missing codec ??? ), some swf-files get imported but do not present the visible impact in the timeline that could be admired in YouTube.

Chuck's link takes me into muvipix subscriber's section. Since my subscription has expired, I cannot follow it right now. But I definitely plan to renew my subscription and to follow these routes when I will find some more spare time.

Thanks for your real quick and successful support! :)
nickky007

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:23 am

nickky007 wrote:Hi Chuck, mark hansen and gpecht,

gpecht's Fairy dust advice provided a fine solution for the current project. :)

mark hansen's Google "After effects magic dust" introduced me to After Effects wonderland. It's a pity that Pre9 is reluctant to import these nice looking *.flv files from YouTube (because of missing codec ??? - strange: Nero9 ShowTime, PowerDVD10 and mpc play these *.flv, Windows Media Player doesn't, like Pre9, because of missing codec ??? ), some swf-files get imported but do not present the visible impact in the timeline that could be admired in YouTube.

Did you already read this thread about how to import FLV files into Premiere Elements? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3190
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 9