They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

deleting empty tracks

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

deleting empty tracks

Postby Hawk10Vid » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

I have ended up with a number of empty video tracks in a video I have been working on. They are video tracks 5, 6, 7 and 8, but I have video tracks of numbers 1-4 and 9-15 with material in them. I have tried to go to timeline and 'delete' empty tracks but nothing happens. Is this a bug or one of those little things that I have missed that requires a trick to get rid of the excess empty tracks? As always, thanks for the help. Hawkeye
Hawk10Vid

Re: deleting empty tracks

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 pm

It sounds like you've got bits and pieces left over in those tracks from the editing process. Sometimes it's easy to leave behind very short segments, maybe even only one frame. I'd try zooming out until you can see the whole project, then drag your mouse all the way from the beginning to well past the end. This will select anything that's been left behind. Then press the Delete key. Do this for each track in question and then try the "delete empty tracks" thing again. [Actually, if you're good with the mouse you can drag to select all the tracks in question at once if you want to.]
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: deleting empty tracks

Postby Bill Hunt » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:23 pm

I am with Dave on this. I think that you have Orphans on those Tracks. This article: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/652216?tstart=60 will describe some ways that they can occur, and how to find them.

I like Dave's "lasso" solution, as you only have to clear the little buggers, and do not have to find where they came from to incorporate them into a Clip, or otherwise use them.

Good luck,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 9