They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Font selection - Adobe PrE9 could do better?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Font selection - Adobe PrE9 could do better?

Postby nickky007 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Code: Select all
                   Font Features   
          See what you   Quick access to
Application   will get   Last used fonts
MS Word             yes              yes
Magix Vdl17         yes              no
Adobe PrE9          no               no
CL PD8              no               no
Or can this be customized?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickky007

Re: Font selection - Adobe PrE9 could do better?

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:22 pm

I have always had a problem with Premiere Elements not displaying the font style and agree that it would be nice to have the recently used fonts at the top similar to MS Office products.

Are you filling out Feature Request for this stuff at the Adobe website?

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/in ... e=wishform
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby nickky007 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:... Are you filling out Feature Request for this stuff at the Adobe website?
As a freshman to Pre9 I feel that for each issue I get into I should first figure out if its dumb me who is the problem, then if its a feature or an error. That's one of the reasons why I am here. Furthermore, here is the place where I find true support. Two of my main issues got already positivly solved (spotlight and backslash).
For other issues I got feedback that it is a missing feature or must be a PrE9 error (Performance Star menu template does not work for Blu-ray menus). I got feedback that it is not my lack of knowledge. So I learn what to avoid to use. :)
Again, thanks to you all!

My two encounters with Adobe Support were extremely negative:
no response (backslash issue) and trivial response (Lighting Effects issue: link to Help PDF which has no useful information to that issue).

But, following your advice, I will try it again.
Please refer to my backslash (\) posting from Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:47 pm:
I posted this backslash matter to Adobe Support some two weeks ago without any reaction!
I will try it again. I will open a new Support request and give them the link to this Muvipix.com thread as reference for all details.

If it will generate a positive reaction I would plan to use the same procedure for the Blu-ray Disc menu issue and other forthcoming issues.

@Bob and Steve,
Reference link to my muvipix.com postings: Do you agree with this?
nickky007

Postby Bob » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:12 pm

PrE is not a text editor, but it does give you access to every font installed on your system for use in creating titles. You can even control size, alignment, leading, and kerning. PrE even provides you with text styles with predefined looks and color schemes. These text styles can be customized with new fonts and colors and you can even save the customized version as a new text style.

PrE doesn't retain the last font used, but if you used one of the prebuilt text styles or created a custom text style, you can easily make that the default style and it will retain that until you change it again -- very handy if you are making a number of titles and you want to maintain the same look and feel.

The most inconvenient issue is that the font is only previewed in the icons for the text styles -- if you are changing the font, you don't see what the font will look like until you apply it. Of course, you can create custom styles for your favorite or most often used fonts.
Bob

Postby nickky007 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Bob wrote:...The most inconvenient issue is that the font is only previewed in the icons for the text styles -- if you are changing the font, you don't see what the font will look like until you apply it...
Yes, this is my main concern because PrE9 takes some time to apply a font.
My workaround was to spend some hours to make the attached screenshots (see RAR), then print two of them per page (5 pages) and put the printout into Steve's book. Now I can leisurly plan in advance what fonts I will want to use in a project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nickky007

Postby Bob » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:47 pm

Fonts apply pretty rapidly on my PC, it's not been an issue.

Premiere Pro has a better titler. The font selection dropdown has a preview of the font. Here's what the Premiere Pro CS5 Titler looks like.

PPRO_Titler.jpg
Bob

Postby nickky007 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Photoshop Elements 9 has a better titler, too. Isn't it the the equivalent consumer product?
Pre9 really should get a face lift to equal its twin sister Pse9!
nickky007

Postby videocreater » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:52 am

who knows Maybe Adobe will Change the Titler. on Pre 10.
videocreater

Return to PRE Version 9