They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Mapping Input Footage profile to New Project profile

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Re: Mapping Input Footage profile to New Project profile

Postby nickky007 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Now, I am perplexed!
Chuck Engels wrote:I think you are trying to make a consumer level product into a professional application for some things.
For what you are trying to accomplish you might be much better off with a professional version of Premiere or Vegas rather than Elements..

Steve Grisetti wrote:Re: Perplexed with PE9
by Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:28 am
...Unfortunately, in locking down the program, Adobe has, at least as far as I can see, disabled the features for creating custom project settings. Sorry.

Am i really trying to make a consumer level product into a professional application or is it a disabled feature? If it is a disabled feature, please add it to your 'List the Missing Features' thread.
I know and often use freeware software that has much more presets than Pre9 and freely allows custom project settings!
nickky007

Re: Mapping Input Footage profile to New Project profile

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:55 pm

All I am saying is that many of the features you are wanting do exist in Premiere Pro in some form.
I am sure they have been left out or removed from Elements on purpose in most cases.
All of us that have used Premiere Elements over the years have had to use 2 or 3 tools to do everything that we have wanted to do, just the way it is. Even with all of the drawbacks there aren't many editing applications that come close to doing everything that Premiere Elements does :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 9