They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Should I run PE9 at 64bit or 32 in windows 7...

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Re: Should I run PE9 at 64bit or 32 in windows 7...

Postby Bob » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:51 pm

What I typically do, and you can probably correct me on this, bring in the video, add a title or pop up video bubble, render and then save it as an AVI 720 x 480, when all me clips are saved to AVI i bring them back into a new final project in PE9, string them all together, place my dvd markers and then burn it to DVD.

That's fine, you shouldn't have any problems with that workflow. Creating subprojects and combining them in a master project is a common technique. it's especially good if you are making a long or complex video.

The subprojects using the high def avchd footage from your camcorder should use a project preset that matches that video. Since you are outputting each subproject as dv-avi, your master project to combine them and finalize the video should be a DV project preset. NTSC DV projects always use 720x480 pixels, but the pixel aspect ratio is different for widescreen(16:9) or standard(4:3). Choose the preset that matches what you want. I'm assuming you want the wide screen project.
Bob

Postby steven » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 pm

Yes Bob I'm wanting to do the widescreen project. I want to get one of Steve's books on Amazon. I'm debating between "Cool tricks and hot tips" or Adobe Premiere Elements 9 color verision" I have had PE 3 in the past. I want to do more than just the normal. Let me know your thoughts before i pull the trigger.
steven

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Drop me a private message, Steven. If you're interested in buying both books, I'll see if I can work out a special price with my publisher. (Be sure to let me know where you are too, so we can figure shipping into the costs.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to PRE Version 9