They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

What is not included in the Mac version of Prel 9?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

What is not included in the Mac version of Prel 9?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:29 pm

The Windows version of Premiere Elements 9 includes a number effects and transitions that are not available on the Mac version.

The Windows version includes 86 video effects and 23 audio effects.
The Mac version includes 71 video effects and 19 audio effects.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereele ... A8683.html

The following Video Effects are not included in the Mac version:
Blur: Anti-Alias, Ghosting
Distort: Bend, Lens Distortion, Ripple
Image Control: Color Pass, Color Replace
Keying: Blue Screen Key, Green Screen Key, Chroma Key, RGB Difference Key
Transform: Camera View, Clip, Horizontal Hold, Vertical Hold

The following Audio Effects are not included in the Mac version:
Denoiser, Dynamics, Pitch Shifter, Reverb
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereele ... 31883.html

The Windows version includes 111 video transitions.
The Mac version includes 50 video transitions.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereele ... -8000.html

The following Video Transitions are not included in the Mac version:
3D Motion: Curtain, Doors, Fold-Up, Spin, Spin Away, Swing In, Swing Out, Tumble Away
Dissolve: Dither Dissolve, Non-Additive Dissolve, Random Invert
Iris: Iris Points, Iris Shapes, Iris Star
Map: Channel Map, Luminance Map
Page Peel: Center Peel, Peel Back, Roll Away
Slide: Band Slide, Center Merge, MultiSpin, Slash Slide, Sliding Bands, Sliding Boxes, Swap, Swirl
Special Effect: Direct, Displace, Image Mask, Take, Texturize, Three-D
Stretch: Cross Stretch, Funnel Stretch, Stretch In, Stretch Over
Wipe: Band Wipe, Checker Wip, CheckerBoard, Clock Wipe, Paint Splatter, Pinwheel, Radial Wipe, Random Blocks, Random Wipe, Spiral Boxes, Venetian Blinds, Wedge Wipe, Zig Zag Blocks
Zoom: Cross Zoom, Zoom, Zoom Boxes, Zoom Trails
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: What is not included in the Mac version of Prel 9?

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:10 am

Hmmm ... I just went down to the Computer shop, it says the stock for Adobe Premiere Element 9 is not out yet ...

I did a search on the Adobe website & notice that I can buy the download version for USD108:
https://store3.adobe.com/cfusion/store/ ... L&fpr=true

Is it ok to buy download or better to wait for the physical stock to arrive ? Will they be the same ?

I note that both WIn & Mac version costs usd108.

I also notice that WIn/Mac version also cost usd108 but only available in physical box, Does Win/Mac means we will get both version ?
https://store3.adobe.com/cfusion/store/ ... egoryPath=
(pls change quantity to 1 and update subtotal)

Is it better to buy WIndows Version or Mac version since so many things are missing from the Mac version or will Adobe provide Mac users with the "missing things" as time gos by thru online updates ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:11 am

Hi Ryan,
I believe that when you download you have to choose which version.
If you purchase the boxed version you can install either, they are both on the installation DVDs.
When you purchase you can install on two machines, I do not think you can install one Win version and one MAC version but I am not sure.

If you purchase from the Adobe Store please use the link on our resources page. Then 2% of your purchase will go to help support Muvipix :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:19 am

As to which version is better -- well, that's a matter of choice.

For the most part, they function identically. If you can run it in Windows, you can easily transition over to the Mac with virtually no additional training. The Mac operating system, as I say in my books, is, for a number of reasons, a little more predictable than the Windows operating system -- though both my Mac and Windows versions work just fine for me.

So it's mostly a matter of personal preference. And, of course, if you're a Mac person, you now have a more user-friendly, affordable alternative to Final Cut Express.

As for the missing features in the Mac version, I rarely miss them. Only a few (Chroma Key!) are major omissions. And you still do get 71 video effects and 50 transitions, so it's not like the software is crippled. (In fact, I've been transitioning my video work over to my iMac. I really like the program on OSX!)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:47 am

Chuck Engels wrote:.

If you purchase from the Adobe Store please use the link on our resources page. Then 2% of your purchase will go to help support Muvipix :)

Thanks Chuck but where is the link for the resource page ? Sorry I am not sure where it is :oops:

But is it better to buy downloads or box ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:51 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:As to which version is better -- well, that's a matter of choice.

For the most part, they function identically. If you can run it in Windows, you can easily transition over to the Mac with virtually no additional training. The Mac operating system, as I say in my books, is, for a number of reasons, a little more predictable than the Windows operating system -- though both my Mac and Windows versions work just fine for me.

So it's mostly a matter of personal preference. And, of course, if you're a Mac person, you now have a more user-friendly, affordable alternative to Final Cut Express.

As for the missing features in the Mac version, I rarely miss them. Only a few (Chroma Key!) are major omissions. And you still do get 71 video effects and 50 transitions, so it's not like the software is crippled. (In fact, I've been transitioning my video work over to my iMac. I really like the program on OSX!)

Thanks Steve,

Can I know whether it is better to wait for the physical disc to arrive or to buy now using download ? Basically, I hope to know whether the download version will be the "latest"/"finalised" version ? It won't be case where the "soon to arrive" disc will have something updated as compared to the download version ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:13 pm

They are identical, Ryan. There's no advantage of one over the other -- except that downloading the installation files and all of the content can take a while! Plus you don't get the (limited) general instructions the come in the box -- though you can get all of that and more in one of my books! ;)

But the program itself is identical. In fact, after you download it, you might be wise to burn a copy of the installation files to a disc in case you need to reinstall.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Ryan,
The links are here http://muvipix.com/FORMgallery1.php or here http://chuckengels.com/

If you look at the left side of the page you will see a menu option that says 'Resources', lots of cool stuff there ;)

As Steve said there is no difference in the program at all, just personal preference as to whether you like the discs or not. I usually download mine and then back up the files with the software key onto an external drive. I have also ordered the boxed software, depends on if I think it might come in handy to have the original discs, either way is fine :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:49 am

Chuck Engels wrote:Hi Ryan,
The links are here http://muvipix.com/FORMgallery1.php

Thanks Chuck, I thought of purchasing download version so that I can get it instantly ... but in the link you gave me, there is no download version, only box/DVD version ... correct me if I am wrong ...

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:57 am

The download, of course, is on the Adobe web site, Ryan.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:39 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:The download, of course, is on the Adobe web site, Ryan.

Does that mean if I were to purchase the download version, then Muvipix won't be getting the 2% ?

Also, why are the review on the PE9 in the Amazon so bad ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:57 am

Hi Ryan,
Click on the link and go to the Muvipix Store Page http://muvipix.com/FORMgallery1.php .
Then about half way down the page you will see a Adobe Icon that links to the Adobe Store.
Click on that Icon, go to the Adobe Store and make your purchase (download is fine).
Muvipix will get credited with the sale.
Thanks for the additional support :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:Hi Ryan,
Click on the link and go to the Muvipix Store Page http://muvipix.com/FORMgallery1.php .
Then about half way down the page you will see a Adobe Icon that links to the Adobe Store.
Click on that Icon, go to the Adobe Store and make your purchase (download is fine).
Muvipix will get credited with the sale.
Thanks for the additional support :)

Okay Chuck, I have bought it thru muvipix link. :-5

Did you guys get the 2% ?

Cheers
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:06 pm

I won't know for sure until tomorrow Ryan but I have never known any of the links to fail and not give us our commission.
But then again I wouldn't know about it unless someone told me to check, so I will check tomorrow to make sure.
Thanks for your continued support of the site :TU:

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ryan_khoo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:25 am

Chuck Engels wrote:I won't know for sure until tomorrow Ryan but I have never known any of the links to fail and not give us our commission.
But then again I wouldn't know about it unless someone told me to check, so I will check tomorrow to make sure.
Thanks for your continued support of the site :TU:

Thanks Chuck for your help all these while ... hope you guys get the 2% ...

Cheers
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to PRE Version 9