They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

YouTube Assistance/Advice Needed

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

YouTube Assistance/Advice Needed

Postby boogieted » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 am

Using PE9 (Windows 7). I need to publish a video to YouTube that is a little longer than 15 minutes. I have already completed the agreement with my YouTube account that allows for videos longer than 15 minutes. The Online/YouTube publishing preset in PE9 does NOT allow me to publish my video because of its length/file size, and I do not see a way that this preset can be altered.
My questions are:
1. Can this preset somehow be amended? If not, is there a way to install some type of 3rd-party preset that will allow me to publish long videos directly to YouTube from within PE9?
2. If this cannot be done in PE9, what is the recommended way to save my HD video locally so I can then just upload it from within YouTube's own uploader?

I am guessing that later versions (10,11) of PE probably are more "flexible" with YouTube (and hopefully there's a Vimeo option too), but at this time I don't have the budget to upgrade.

Thanks alot!
boogieted

Re: YouTube Assistance/Advice Needed

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Since version 9 doesn't include the AVCHD outputs that 10 and 11 do, the best solution we've found is:

From the Share tab, choose Computer and then QuickTime/MOV. Choose the DV preset and then click the Advanced button.

From the settings window, do the following:

Video Tab
*Video Codec: H.264
*Quality: 100
*Frame Wdith: 1280
*Frame Height: 720
*Frame Rate: 29.97
*Field Type: Progressive
*Pixel Aspect Ratio: square
*Set Bitrate: checked
*Bitrate: 8000 kbps

Audio Tab
*Audio Code: AAC
*Output Channels: Stereo
*Frequency: 44kHz

That should generate a .mov file that Youtube will handle correctly. You can modulate that Bitrate to reduce the amount of data size, and you can modulate the Quality number to reduce the encoding time. I wouldn't go lower than 3000 kbps for a bitrate or below 50 on Quality.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9