They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Adding Theme to video clips

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Adding Theme to video clips

Postby Omadietje » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm

I am new to Adobe Premier Elements 9. I am trying to add a theme (birthday) to my 7 clips. It won't let me as it keeps telling me that the clips do not total 6 min. yet I have tried to change the duration, I have ticked clips only etc. Nothing works. The only way it will do it if I allow repeats of clips. I do not want to go for that long with these clips. I also want to add some photos into it with the theme. I have ordered Steve Grisetti's book and hope that that will explain this. In the meantime, can someone help me?
Omadietje
New User
New User

Re: Adding Theme to video clips

Postby Peru » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Will it work if you fill the end with black video?
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:48 am

And thanks for supporting the book -- though I don't think it will provide the answer for this one.

How long is your current assembly of clips?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Omadietje » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:And thanks for supporting the book -- though I don't think it will provide the answer for this one.

How long is your current assembly of clips?

Thank you for replying. My clip is only 1.8 sec long. I am only wanting to try the theme out to see how it would look, and then perhaps add some still shots, however I think it wants 6 min. and it wants to make it into a instant movie.
Omadietje
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:35 am

I'm not surprised that the program won't create a 2 second InstantMovie, Omadietje.

Since all you're doing is testing the process anyway, why not add some more random footage or still photos -- just as an experiment?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Omadietje » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I'm not surprised that the program won't create a 2 second InstantMovie, Omadietje.

Since all you're doing is testing the process anyway, why not add some more random footage or still photos -- just as an experiment?

I shall try that thank you, but a question, are the themes only for instant movies? Can themes be applied to just movie clips before making an instant movie? Is there a way to adjust the time from 6 min to less time?
Omadietje
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 pm

There is a minimum time for themes. I don't know what it is. But you do need a minute or so at least of footage.

InstantMovies and themes are very similar. InstantMovies are created by gathering a bunch of clips in the Media panel after click the InstantMovie button. The program will then automatically put the finished InstantMovie on your timeline.

Themes are applied to clips that are already on your timeline. You just select the clips on your timeline and select a theme from under the Theme tab.

But the results are pretty much the same.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9