They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Crop Effect and/or Key framing using Mac

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Crop Effect and/or Key framing using Mac

Postby johndparsons » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:53 am

On the subject title above editing my latest video movie has been stalled for ages. Two particular examples; A few video clips are spoiled by vignetting, the lens hood having slipped. Some clips have been shot on portrait mode resulting in black edges to the frame. I would guess a workaround would be similar, however,for me Muvipix Guide to Pre 9 is just confusing. Is it cropping or key framing? If either I would need it simple, step by step please. I did try your free download to key framing but that is windows based. Which rises the query is my problem Mac based? I have wasted weeks on this problem Two previous attempts to contact went awry, possibly 'cos I used Save draft and had not a clue where my topic finished

MacBook Pro 15.4" OS X Ver 10.8 2.53 Ghz Core 2 Duo Mem 4Gb
johndparsons
New User
New User

Re: Crop Effect and/or Key framing using Mac

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:58 am

Keyframing is exactly the same on a Mac or on a PC, John.

As for your video shot sideways, wouldn't a better solution be to rotate it 90 degrees so that it fits the frame?

As for your lens hood issue, is your challenge just to make the video larger so that the lens hood doesn't show?

In neither case would you use keyframing. Or cropping, for that matter.

But if you can take each situation separately and tell us exactly what you're trying to do, we can certainly tell you the best solution.

Keyframing is generally reserved for creating animation or effects that change settings or values over time.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9