They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Help w/ Audio

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Help w/ Audio

Postby colbykenyon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello. This Movipix Guide book that lead me here is helping a ton, but I can't find an answer on the question below in there. Any help would really be appreciated...

When I record w/ an external microphone (using Panasonic HD-TM700 camcorder), the audio automatically only plays in 1 stereo (not sure why that is or how I can fix this). Is there a way in PE 9 for me to make an adjustment so that the audio will play over both speakers instead of just one? Thanks!
colbykenyon
New User
New User

Re: Help w/ Audio

Postby Peru » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Silly question, but is it a stereo mike?
Peru

Postby colbykenyon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Sorry to sound stupid.. Still don't know terminology. It's a small lavaliere microphone (the kind you clip to your shirt) that I plug into the little microphone/auxillary port on my Panasonic camcorder. Hopefully that answers your question.
colbykenyon
New User
New User

Postby Peru » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:31 pm

If there is a round plug on the mic cable, does it have 2 or 3 metal rings on it?
Peru

Postby colbykenyon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 pm

There's only 1 plug on the metal part. It's an AUdio Technica Omni ATR3350 if that helps.
colbykenyon
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:15 pm

That's a monaural mic. Stereo camcorders have a left and a right audio channel. When you use a monaural external mic on a stereo camcorder, it will record on only one of those channels and you will hear the sound out of only one speaker. You can easily fix this in Premiere Elements. Look in the audio effects section for the "Fill Left" and "Fill Right" effects. These two effects copy the audio from the named channel to the other channel. Choose the one that copies the audio to the channel missing in your recording and you'll hear the audio out of both speakers.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 9