They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Text size when making titles.

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Text size when making titles.

Postby johndparsons » Wed May 30, 2012 3:14 am

I guess this is not a new topic to the world. It just is for me. I usually add my own credits at the end of a film mainly as a memory jog. I have just returned to PRE 9 and have now completed a short film. Titles come last and the text is carefully placed well inside the safe and title margins. However when I play, all the text is magnified and is well outside the margins. In fact some letters are not shown at all. I never had this problem In my few previous PRE 9 movies last year. One further question, I have downloaded the free Keyframe 101. I have not opened the download, noting this is for windows and wondered how Macbook Pro would cope?
johndparsons
New User
New User

Re: Text size when making titles.

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 am

Can you give us more details about your project?

Which project settings did you select when you set it up? Which Share settings did you use when you output it?

Have you tried using Share/Computer/MOV to output the last portion of your movie to see if the problem is unique to the output format you're using?

I don't recall ever seeing this issue before -- but I'm sure it's a simple fix, once we find out the cause, John.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed May 30, 2012 8:45 am

I agree with Steve that a little more info would definitely help. When you play the video are you playing it in Premiere Elements 9 or did you export? Could be as simple as deleting the existing title and creating it again.

Not sure how a MAC will handle the Flash Player EXE file that is in the Zipped Download.
I'm sure one of the MAC folks will answer that for you. I would think that if you can can watch it online you should be able to view the download also, not sure about extracting the zip file on a MAC however.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby johndparsons » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 am

Thanks guys for your prompt replies. I hope to get back to you once these Diamond Jubilee celebrations are over but for a few days I will be out or the loop
John
johndparsons
New User
New User

Postby johndparsons » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi,
My text problem has been sorted on about the nth try and as you may have guessed it was of my own making. Pre 9 is new and i am still climbing that mountain. In the past when I had finished my title I used 'Save as' and all worked fine. Now your guide tells me I must select title go File > Export > Title. On about the fourth try it all worked. And Yes when I said play the movie it was in Elements 9. The next hurdle will be Export and burn but I now that if it is my brain that gets the burn I can come to you guys
John
johndparsons
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Good to hear John :)
Someone is always here to help whenever you need it :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9