They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Is there a way to modify title animations?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Is there a way to modify title animations?

Postby rvrkids » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Hello - I was just wondering if there was a way to change the timing of the title animations? I have a title that has the "fade compress out" animation applied to it. Literally by the time my clip is just 10 frames past halfway the text is gone. I want it to fade out so that it is gone at the end of the clip, not 45 frames sooner. This particular clip is set to 4 seconds but even when I extend the clip duration, the text just disappears farther from the end of the clip (i.e. I extended the clip to 5;16 and the text is gone by 3;06 )

Please help.

Thanks.
rvrkids

Re: Is there a way to modify title animations?

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 pm

I would keyframe the opacity if you want complete control.
You might check the Opacity properties as the keyframes might have been set by the animation effect you used.

We have a free tutorial on adjusting keyframes that might help :)
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

You have almost no control over the text title animations. You can basically only control how long the title plays, and that, in turn, only determines how fast the animation plays. Bummer.

The Fade Out Compress animation is easy to mimic using standard keyframes. Go ahead and create your title. But, don't apply the animation. With the title in the correct location on the timeline, select the title and display the properties panel. Set the CTI to the location where you want the animation to start and enable keyframes on the Motion property by clicking the clock symbol on the right of the line. Twirl open the Motion category to display the properties within. On the "scale" property, uncheck the box for "Constrain proportions". You will now see two lines for scale: Scale height and Scale width. Both should be set to 100 at this point. Move the CTI to where you want the text to be completely compressed out and add a keyframe with "scale height" value set to 0. Congratulations, you've just manually created the equivalent of the Fade Out Compress animation. You can fine tune the animation by moving the locations of the keyframes.
Bob

Postby rvrkids » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks Bob. That was what I was afraid of. I will keyframe the fade compress now instead. Some of the other animations would be very cumbersome to keyframe instead. Guess I will just play with different ones and see what happens. I would love to be able to import additional animations, I'm kind of bored with the standard ones that came with PRE 9. It is my understanding that you basically can't import any additional animations, effects or anything with PRE 9...can you confirm this?

Thanks.
rvrkids

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Effects are generally implemented by plugins, and there are a number of companies that sell plugins that work with with Premiere Elements. There may be version compatibility issues, so be sure to verify compatibility with what you have prior to purchase. There are some free plugins available, New Blue provides their Cartoonr plugin for example. But, for the most part, anything useful is probably not free.

For text animations, there are plugins designed specifically for that. A lot of people here use Bluff Titler or ProDad Heroglyph.

The text animations that come with Premiere Elements are a form of preset that is implemented by the Premiere Elements Titler. I don't know of anyone providing additional animations. Although, it should be possible for someone to do so. Text animations are XML files stored in the Premiere Elements program presets folder. The main problem is that the documentation for creating the animations is not publically available. Also, the XML file needs to be paired with a SWF (i.e. Flash) file for the preview video in the titler.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 9