They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

RENDERING IN VERSION 9

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

RENDERING IN VERSION 9

Postby Floyd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:04 pm

I am having problems rendering. I can render clips in red. They change to green ok, but I save my project and get out of the program and try to reload the same project and the rendering in green is back to red. The new clips that I added to the project the time before have been saved, but they are not rendered. In summary, items are saved ok, but not rendered. I have windows 7, 64 bit, 8 gb of ram, i7processor, 1 1/2 tb hard drive.
I would think that adobe would not make an error like this. It must be me. Does anyone know what to do?
Floyd
New User
New User

Re: RENDERING IN VERSION 9

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Unfortunately, that was a bug that Adobe never fixed in version 9.

It's fixed in version 10, however, FWIW.

Meantime, welcome to Muvipix!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Floyd » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Is there anything I can do except buy version 10. Why would adobe put out a version of its program without testing it? What is the rush?
Is this a good marketing program?
Floyd
New User
New User

Postby George Tyndall » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Floyd wrote:I have windows 7, 64 bit, 8 gb of ram, i7processor, 1 1/2 tb hard drive. .... Does anyone know what to do?

As can be seen from my signature, it appears that we have the same hardware, and I can assure you that Premiere Elements 7 runs flawlessly on my machine AND it has some features that later versions lack. While other members have tried 10 and like it a lot, it did not run well on my particular machine.

:no:

It appears a few new copies of 7 are still available:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=adobe+premiere+elements+7&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-Premiere-VERSION/dp/B001DMBX7S/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1326946696&sr=8-11
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:03 am

Adobe rarely releases patches for its consumer products, Floyd -- for better or worse. (Mostly worse.)

Both version 8 and 9 had some big problems that Adobe addressed with patches soon after their release. But, sadly, they prefer to float most of the little annoyances until the next version of the software.

As George says, version 7 was a very strong version of the program. So is version 10. Version 8 was a bit sloppy and many of those problems were fixed in version 9. But, unfortunately, that rendering issue was not fixed until version 10. Sorry.

Though, if it's any consolation, I think Adobe finally has a team that's going to take Premiere Elements much more seriously. So I'd expect a much stronger product from here on out.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm

George Tyndall wrote:Premiere Elements 7 runs flawlessly on my machine....

All my work is HD, nevertheless, my machine will play back the un-rendered PRE7 timeline flawlessly (both the audio and video)--in full-screen view on a 52-inch HDTV.

As I wrote in the past, Win7 with an i7 processor and PRE7 appear to be "made for one another."
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Floyd » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:30 pm

Update to my problems with rendering. I did the burn disc workaround. First time I pushed the share button and windows crashed. So I started over & pushed the share button a second time. Got to the dv file creation and then it started to render. I got to 98% rendered and then the program stated
that it is shutting down. I started over and rendered to 93% rendered before it shut down. Each time I cleaned out the cache file. Since the rendering
is not saved, I had to rerender each time. It has taken me all day up to this point. I have lots of hard drive space, 1.29 TB free space.
Does anybody know what I should do? Maybe I can make this cache bigger some how. Do I have a messed up version of this program? Nobody else seems to have this problem? The project is in Hd and is 1 hr and 30 min long. If you cannot even do this, the program is worth nothing. There must be
something I can do to make this work. Thanks.
Floyd
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Try running a Deep Care fix with Advanced System Care Free and see if that stabilizes things.
http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

You really should not be having these kinds of problems -- and it's probably not the software that's causing it. Hopefully Advanced System Care will get to the bottom of things.

But the other issue could be your project itself. What model of camcorder and what format of video are you building this project from? If this is other-than-camcorder video, that could definitely be a cause for root your problem.

And, when you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:06 am

In addition to what Steve mentioned, you might also want to try and see if there is a bad interaction between PrEl and another installed program. If you search Google, you may be able to find a PC Magazine utility called EndItAll. This will allow you to shutdown all processes except for those necessary to make Windows run. Then start PrEl and see if it runs better. If so, then you can add programs back until you find the one causing the clash. EndItAll has been updated many times and has undergone a name change and price increase.

EndItAll: Here is someone still hosting EndItAll. Watch that you hit the correct download button. I hate when websites do this.

http://enditall.en.softonic.com/download

If you feel safer, and I generally do, here is a link to the latest update from PC Magazine for $7.95 USD.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2361631,00.asp

This can help to isolate the potential problem.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Floyd » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Update to my rendering problems. I used the software to tune up my system. I defraged my system.
Next I tried to create an avi file and I got this message "Adobe Premiere elements is running very low on system memory".You can't go much further. program will not create an output file. This makes since. I have 1.29 TB available on internal hard drive. I am hoping I can increase the size of some program setting to make this work. I did a small project with one clip & rendered it. I then tried to create an avi file. For some reason it rendered it again and created an avi file. I was able to watch it. So it cannot be my project setting because it was the same as the big file. In case I forgot to memtion it the project is 1 1/2 hours long. My movie camera is Cannon vixia hfm300 with recording mode fxp high quality 17 MBPS frame rate PF24.
I do not think it is the project setting or the camera setting; otherwise the small project with one clip would not have worked. It is a space problem with Adobe Premiere elements. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.
Floyd
New User
New User

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Floyd,
Try shutting down unnecessary processes. This may help identify the problem. Remember that Version 9 is a 32 bit program and there may be some Window stack issues. Shutting down the programs unnecessary to rendering your project will clear potential conflicts and also clear some internal registers.

If you do not want to use EndItAll, you can approximate it by going into the Task Manager and manually shutdown the program and processes. Most people are nervous since they don't know how many processes are involved or which ones to shutdown.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:25 pm

An out-of-memory message usually indicates that you need to render your timeline.

Your camcorder shoots in several formats, both audio and video. Which resolution are you shooting in and which audio and video formats have you set your camcorder to?

Have you ensured that your project settings match your source video? If it does, you will NOT see red lines above your clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that the case in your project?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Floyd » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Steve, I did a one clip project with the same project settings as the big 1 1/2 hr one. I used the one clip project to create an avi output
file that I can play. That tells me that the video camera and the adobe settings are are matched up. Also the areas in red were edited
sections, not the entire timeline. I guess I should be more exact. does that help? I really appreciate your help.
Floyd
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:37 am

Not sure if this will help but have you tried a re-install of PrEl? It won't affect any of the work in train but it might (emphasis on might) be a problem with the initial installation. Could be worth a try just to eliminate that as a potential cause.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Floyd » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 am

Question, I did one clip (120MB) to an avi file (217 MB). On my big project my, the file from the video camera was 12.2 GB and the avi file was 122 GB with mp3 files. This really seems way too big to me. When I play this file, I only get music playing, no video. I know the the avi process did not get to 100% completion before it quit. Could the 12.2 GB file from the video camera be too big? If this is true, why are there 25 GB Blue Ray discs? I will reinstall the program just to be safe. If this is true, why don't somebody just say "your
input is way too big" ?
Floyd
New User
New User

Next

Return to PRE Version 9