They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Mosaic Effect on Part of Video

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Mosaic Effect on Part of Video

Postby mattnewman2005 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi,

I am a newbie. I am willing to buy a step-by-step book or video that covers how to insert a mosaic effect on a portion of the video screen, using Premiere elements 9. I tried Lynda, but they do not give step-by-step instructions, which unfortunately, I need. I can get to the point where I duplicate the clip, put it on video tier 2. I get lost after that. I appreciate your recommendation.
mattnewman2005
New User
New User

Re: Mosaic Effect on Part of Video

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:05 pm

You are in luck Matt. Steve Grisetti has written a book, "Cool Tips and Hot Tricks for Premiere Elements", that contains step by step instructions for this effect. And, he has placed chapter 9 of that book which contains those instructions on this site. Here is the page that describes the book: http://muvipix.com/cooltricks.php

The link to Chapter 9 [Cool Track Matte Tricks] is in the upper middle of the page in the paragraph titled "Want to create some movie magic?"
Bob

Postby mattnewman2005 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me. I took a look at the sample chapter 9. I must be an idiot, but on step 5, do you need to put the oval "inside" the text box, just over the image? When I try to put inside the text box, it will not expand to fit an oval inside it.

Also, on step 17, I am not seeing the image control shown in the screenshots. Did I miss something?

If there is a video that walks me through, I'll gladly buy it as I have burned about 4 hours trying to figure this one out.

Thanks,

Matt
mattnewman2005
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:32 pm

There is no text box involved, Matt. Text boxes include text. In this trick you are creating a graphic only in the Titler workspace.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 9