They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burn to folders - Chap. 18 of Muvipix guide

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Burn to folders - Chap. 18 of Muvipix guide

Postby Jordanmphoto » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:57 pm

I thought I'd start burning my videos to a folder, a la Chapter 18 and the "Burn Disc Workaround" in the appendix. It seems to suggest I could do this with a Blu-ray, but I am not offered the option of a folder when in the blu-ray burn tab. It appears I can do this only with DVD. How do you create A VIDEO_TS folder for Blu-ray?
Desktop w/ Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20 ghz
8 GB RAM, 64 bit Win 7 OS, 1 TB hard drive
NVDIA graphics card GeForce GT 220
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Re: Burn to folders - Chap. 18 of Muvipix guide

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:24 am

Unfortunately, Premiere Elements 9 does not let you burn a Blu-ray movie to a folder.

Blu-rays don't have a VIDEO_TS folder. Blu-rays have a completely different folder structure than DVDs. You should be able to Explore a Blu-ray disc to study the folder structure.

What you could do is share a Blu-ray movie to a rewriteable Blu-ray disc. If the movie plays back okay in your Blu-ray player, then you can use ImageBurn to burn copies to BD-R discs. I haven't done that myself except with virtual Blu-ray discs.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:56 am

Here is the workaround that I use when burning a Blu-ray with PRE7:

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4309

Note : Before I burn my HD timeline to a Blu-ray, I first share it to SD folder and then burn a SD DVD from the folder--this is much faster than burning a Blu-ray AND seems to give me the best-quality SD DVD.

Once I've seen that the SD DVD is flawless, I burn the Blu-ray from that same timeline.

Once you'v created the SD Folder and the Blu-ray disc image, it doesn't take long to burn additional copies of either type of disc.

::wav::
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Jordanmphoto » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:06 am

Does anyone know a quick and easy way to learn ImgBurn? It seems to have lots of features and I only want to burn multiple BD's or DVD's. I downloaded the program last night and now I'm staring at it scratching my head at the prospect of trying to decipher yet another set of HELP info.

I'm beginning to settle in a bit with Steve' s idea of saving the PE9 timeline into an MPEG and then producing it with DVD Architect Studio. Not only is the write speed controllable, but I much prefer the styles of menu templates to Abobe's. So far the BD's seem to play better than those produced with PE9, except that on some players the audio stutters at the beginning of each MPEG which was brought into DAS (does not do this on the computer BD player, so it's not a flaw in the file or disc). I figure I may be able to fix that with some forethought: How can I best add a few extra seconds of blank leader at the beginning of each soundtrack in PE9?
Desktop w/ Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20 ghz
8 GB RAM, 64 bit Win 7 OS, 1 TB hard drive
NVDIA graphics card GeForce GT 220
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 am

ImgBurn is pretty straightforward. You just choose either the option to Write an Image File to a Disc (an .iso file) or you choose the option to Write Files/Folders to Disc (if your DVD is saved as a VIDEO_TS folder). Then, on the main screen, you just click on either the option to browse to an individual file or to browse to a folder.

Then just check the Verify box and click the Burn icon at the bottom of the option screen.

What do you have questions about?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:27 am

Check the ImgBurn 'how to' forum:-

http://forum.imgburn.com/
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to PRE Version 9