They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pre-programmed key frames for Ken Burns effects

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Pre-programmed key frames for Ken Burns effects

Postby dsttexas » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Has anyone developed any Edit Effects add-ins that would do basic pan and zoom - in a few simple varieties? I'll be interested in the new tool in version 10, but have a project with lots of photos to edit in the meantime, and wanted to avoid the individual key framing process on each and every one.

Thanks.
Dell Vostro quad core i7, 6GB, Win 10 64 bit, latest service levels. Sony Movie Studio 12, DVD Arch Studio 5, Adobe Premiere Elements 14.
dsttexas

Re: Pre-programmed key frames for Ken Burns effects

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:48 pm

If you start with the Pan and Zoom theme you can just go through and make minor tweaks.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:If you start with the Pan and Zoom theme you can just go through and make minor tweaks.

Be sure to tweak! I once saw a slideshow at a visitation that the pans & zooms ended up on unflattering parts of the photos.

I copy & past attributes to photos which saves time. If photo 1 is similar to photo 5, 7 & 9 then copy & paste 3 at a time. If photo 2 is similar to say photos 3,4,8 then copy & paste those. All you have to do at that point is jump to the keyframe on a photo and adjust the positions numbers to tweak.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Jordanmphoto » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:34 pm

dsttexas wrote:Has anyone developed any Edit Effects add-ins that would do basic pan and zoom - in a few simple varieties? I'll be interested in the new tool in version 10, but have a project with lots of photos to edit in the meantime, and wanted to avoid the individual key framing process on each and every one.

I had the same problem as you. I don't know about the PE 10 "new" tool, but there is a way to do this in PE 9. To avoid the individual key frames, create a slide show from within the Organizer. It can create a video slide show using Ken Burns effect and can be broken apart in PE9 if you want to edit the slides and transitions individually (I believe you have to right click the clip to break it apart). I advise saving time by organizing the slide show as closely as you can from within the Organizer before making the slide show. It is a lot more laborious to move slides around in the PE Sceneline. I did this by creating an album and organizing the slides as I wanted them. I then used the "Create" tab to make a slide show. You can adjust duration and global transitions here and then check the "Apply pan and zoom to all slides" which will make it Ken Burns.
Desktop w/ Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20 ghz
8 GB RAM, 64 bit Win 7 OS, 1 TB hard drive
NVDIA graphics card GeForce GT 220
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Return to PRE Version 9