They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rendering stopped

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Rendering stopped

Postby sbjenks » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Premier #9 (loaded latest update patch)
Dell XPS 7100 64Bit
X6 2.8 Processor
8 GB
1TB

Nearly finished HD project about 70min in length. Burned first BR disc and it looks great. Added some minor tweaks (Titles with disolve in and out). Red rendering lines are showing under changed areas, however, unlike the rest of the project, selecting "Timeline" and "Render" from the top menu results in no changes to the unrendered areas. Any ideas?
sbjenks
New User
New User

Re: Rendering stopped

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi SB,
Try closing the project and opening it again, that should fix the problem with rendering.
Also, make sure the work area bar is covering the project, Premiere Elements will only render what is under the work area bar.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby roadman » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm experiencing a similar problem with fade in and fade out. Premiere 9 will attempt to render a 300 frame clip but stops at 67. When this happens the effected clip is not rendered. At other times a "Media Pending" window comes up in place of the clip with the fade out or fade in. Very frustrating.

This problem just started. Fading in and out between scenes is SOP for the videos I'm working on and up until now I've not encountered any problems with it.

The WAB is positioned correctly. Opening and closing the project did not help. I've reinstalled Premiere, but the problem persists.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
roadman
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:44 pm

If the Work Area Bar is positioned over your entire project, the most common cause of this is lack of clean, free, defragmented hard drive space.

Make sure your C drive has 20-30 gigs of free, clean space and that any secondary drives are defragmented and formatted NTFS rather than FAT32, as they come from the factory. You should also regularly use a program like Advanced System Care to keep the spyware and tmp files at bay.
http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

Your situation may also be quite different from the original posters, roadman. He may simply have a corrupted media cache or need to clear his rendered files. There are also many other variables to consider, even though the symptoms may be similar.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby roadman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:25 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:If the Work Area Bar is positioned over your entire project, the most common cause of this is lack of clean, free, defragmented hard drive space.

Make sure your C drive has 20-30 gigs of free, clean space and that any secondary drives are defragmented and formatted NTFS rather than FAT32, as they come from the factory. You should also regularly use a program like Advanced System Care to keep the spyware and tmp files at bay.

Your situation may also be quite different from the original posters, roadman. He may simply have a corrupted media cache or need to clear his rendered files. There are also many other variables to consider, even though the symptoms may be similar.

Steve, thanks for your quick response!

All drives are NTFS, CCleaner is run daily, spyware and anti-virus programs are up to date and run regularly and the HDDs are defragged weekly.

PE9 on a 40 GB SSD; only 5 GB free, but never had a problem before.
Media Cache Files (.pek and .cfa), Preview and Scratch are on a 320 GB HDD.
All other files are on a 1 TB HDD.

I'll move Premiere to a bigger drive and will post the results.

Thanks also for your guidebook to PE9. It's been one of my better investments ;-)
Jon
roadman
New User
New User

Postby roadman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:54 pm

Problem solved! :yh:

Didn't realize it but the Media Cache folder had grown so large that unbeknownst to me, it took over all the empty space on the 320 gig drive. With the drive full, rendering couldn't happen.

After I had my "D'oh" moment I cleaned the media cache and bingo, the videos could be rendered again. Only took 3 days of ](*,)

Thanks again for the tip about making sure the drives had enough space.
Jon
roadman
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:07 am

That's great for all of us to know for future reference, Jon. Thanks for sharing what you discovered.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby 1horsemoviemiss » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:43 am

roadman wrote:Problem solved! :yh:

Didn't realize it but the Media Cache folder had grown so large that unbeknownst to me, it took over all the empty space on the 320 gig drive. With the drive full, rendering couldn't happen.
Jon

Exactly what is the 'Media Cache folder'? I have been optimizing my old PC using software which may have emptied that folder but I would still like to know what it is & where to find it for future reference. Is it a file created by PRE itself? I have heard something about needing to empty the file that stores all your changes to a movie file during a session. (Sorry I can't remember it's proper name.)
win7, 64bit, i7 Quad core, 16Gb ram, USB3, nVidia GForce with 3Gb graphics card,
17.3" screen laptop, 1.5Tb hard drive, Blue Ray RW CD burner, 2Tb exHD
1horsemoviemiss
New User
New User

Postby roadman » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 pm

1horsemoviemiss wrote:Exactly what is the 'Media Cache folder'? I have been optimizing my old PC using software which may have emptied that folder but I would still like to know what it is & where to find it for future reference. Is it a file created by PRE itself? I have heard something about needing to empty the file that stores all your changes to a movie file during a session. (Sorry I can't remember it's proper name.)

I'm a noob myself but you can find the answers to your questions here.
roadman
New User
New User

Return to PRE Version 9