They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

de-blur

A discussion area specific to the Photoshop Pro versions.

de-blur

Postby Peru » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:25 pm

I'm told this works like the de-blur feature in Photoshop CC:
http://www.piccure.de/index.php/en/home-enus

Does anybody have any experience with this or the de-blur tool in Photoshop?
Peru

Re: de-blur

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:36 pm

I have not used either of those. But, I have used other De-blur plugins. I have Topaz Labs InFocus. And, I've used Focus Magic.

The Photoshop CC feature is called "shake reduction" and it's designed to reduce camera shake, not out of focus blur. From the little I read on the Piccure website, it's similar. Focus Magic and InFocus address both focus blur and shake blur.

Manage your expectations and don't expect miracles. An out of focus image may be helped, but it will likely still appear out of focus. Motion blur caused by camera shake will likely have a better result, but the best results come from a simple linear shake. Real world camera shake is seldom that simple.

I try very hard to eliminate camera shake before I take the photo. I generally don't keep obviously out of focus photos either. Consequently, the InFocus filter is one of the least used filters I own. But, from time to time, I do need to work with photos that would benefit from the filter. And, the filter has done a reasonable job. Of course, the lesser the problem to begin with the better the result.

I don't have a preference between Focus Magic and InFocus. Focus Magic has been around longer. While you can find photos that will process better in one product rather than the other, on the whole the results are similar. Use the free trials and see which feels easier to use and which does a better job with your photos. As an aside, the only reason I bought InFocus rather than Focus Magic was that I was able to get InFocus on the introductory price. I did try both products and had similar results.
Bob

Re: de-blur

Postby Peru » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:55 am

Thanks for that, Bob.
Peru

Return to Photoshop