They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Add Vignette to Photo

A discussion area specific to the Photoshop Pro versions.

Re: Add Vignette to Photo

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon May 28, 2012 10:31 pm

momoffduty wrote:Thanks Bob, added to my notes. The copy mask in your previous post will come in handy. Sometimes I have a texture & add a mask to it and later decide to change the texture. The copy mask would be fast. Wish there was a way to replace like the Alt+drag method in AE.

The only keyboard shortcut I changed in PS was the Ctrl+Z. Have it set to continuous step back like in AE instead of the step back & step ahead. I could use the history panel, but prefer the Ctrl+Z.

Cheryl,
Not sure if you knew it, but if you used Alt + Ctrl + Z it would work like a normal Ctrl-Z instead of a toggle.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks for the tip Vernon, I did not know that. :) The keyboard shortcuts get confusing because they do different things depending on the program. I use ctrl+D often in AE to duplicate. In PS it is deselect and ctrl+J is duplicate. I stumble on that one often. One feature I would like to see in PS is to solo a layer like in AE.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Tue May 29, 2012 11:31 am

One feature I would like to see in PS is to solo a layer like in AE.

Will this do:

Alt click on the "eye" of the layer you want to solo in the layers panel. It's a toggle, alt click on the "eye" again and the visibility of the layers will be restored to the state they were before. That's not all. Here's a feature many don't know about. While the layer is soloed, you can alt click on another layer's "eye" and solo that layer and still return to the original visibility state of the layers panel by alt clicking on the visible "eye" again. Don't forget to use the alt key, if you click on an "eye" without it, the memory state is lost and you will need to manually reset everything.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Wow, love that tip! Thanks Bob. I think that tip will safe my sanity. :-D :tup:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Previous

Return to Photoshop