They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

No picture showing up

A discussion area specific to the Photoshop Pro versions.

Re: No picture showing up

Postby Clayton » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Thanks Bob for the link. I went thru the steps, but when I came to the driver list, ATI was not shown. The only thing on the windows uninstall list is ATI catalyst instaall manager. It won't uninstall. I guess I screwed it up by going in and deleting files. Oh well............
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Do you still have the old graphics card? This may seem like the long way about it, but it should work. First create a system restore point (just in case). Uninstall your new GTX570 card and all associated drivers and software. You may want to do the uninstall in Safe Mode as Bob suggested, if it will let you. Reboot the system. Install the old card, the ATI Catalyst manager, and whatever driver(s) that it wants to install. Reboot the system. Uninstall all the ATI software and driver(s) and remove the card. Again, you can do this in Safe Mode if it will let you. Reboot the system. Install your new GTX570 card, software, and driver(s).
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Clayton » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks Dave, I will try that, when I have some time. One positive is that my computer hasn't froze up for close to 2 weeks. So it looks like the card may have been the problem.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Photoshop