FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]

Onkyo HT-R530 7.1 Receiver

Onkyo HT-R530 7.1 Receiver

Offline - Moderator
Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 pm Post
Near mint condition Onkyo HT-R530 7.1 channel analog receiver in perfect working condition. I recently upgraded to a new Onkyo and just don't have any need for it. It was purchased as part of the HT-S780 Home Theater In A Box, but I'm keeping the speakers. This is the receiver only. The manual can be downloaded from the Onkyo website under the HT-S780 number, or I'd be glad to file attach a pdf copy to you. $95.00 and you pay the shipping. PM me with questions or to talk further.
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: Onkyo HT-R530 7.1 Receiver

Offline - Super Moderator
Profile  WWW 
Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:55 pm Post
Hi Dave, Any idea what the package weight might be? Just trying to calculate some approximate shipping costs ;)
Thanks

Offline - Moderator
Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:35 pm Post
Chuck, the specs say 20.7 lbs. Add a few lbs for packing materials and the remote control...let's call it 26 lbs. UPS calculates it at $19.49 for ground shipping to Atlanta 30303 - 2 days in transit. I don't know your actual zip. That may not be exact, but I think it ought to be pretty close. If I'm over on my weight estimate it might be slightly less.

Offline - Super Moderator
Profile  WWW 
Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:44 pm Post
Better to be over rather than short :)
Thanks Dave.

I looked at a similar Onkyo unit a few years ago and then decided on a 6.1 as 7.1 was still pretty new and lots more expensive. Thinking it might be nice to upgrade now but don't know if it will make that much difference.

It is a great price though :TU:

Offline - Moderator
Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:01 pm Post
Chuck, much of the source material out there doesn't make use of 7.1. It's mostly 5.1. But when you do get hold of something in 7.1 it can be a lot of fun. In certain modes the Onkyo will do some sort of matrix thing with the rear speakers, producing a full 7.1 effect with 5.1 source. Yeah, it's a good price, I think a fair price. I don't think I could get much more for it though, simply because it's analog. At that price it would even make a good stereo amp, or 2.1.
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic