They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Workflow: Printing Printable DVDs with SureThing5

Hardware, software, and methods for displaying & distributing your creations.

Workflow: Printing Printable DVDs with SureThing5

Postby George Tyndall » Sun May 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Problem: With the standard settings of Full Face (small 0.87in hub size) for my printable SD DVDs and Standard Face (large 1.56in hub size) for my Blu-ray discs, there was ink on the center spindle that would easily smear.

Solution (thanks Dave): Go to File>Page Setup and adjust the presets. Here are the new settings that worked for me:

1. HP SD DVD with printable hub but also a clear plastic ring around the hole: increase from 0.87in to 0.94in with 0.02in bleed

2. Panasonic Blu-ray with non-printable Standard Hub: increase setting from 1.56-in to 1.6-in with 0.0-in bleed

Once created, each may be saved as a "template" for future use. In my case, I created each template with my favorite background and the words DVD and Blu-ray Disc already inscribed. If ever I change disc manufacturer, I will do the same with each.*

:hat:
____
*Because they also have the Full Face (0.87-in) hub, I bought a spindle of Kodak BD-Rs, 25-pack for $40--and then immediately returned them as my LG burner would not recognize them. For now, I'm sticking with the Panasonic brand for my Blu-ray media (5-pack for $35 but not a single coaster so far, and the discs have a very elegant appearance).
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Video/Photo/Music Viewing and Sharing