They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

New AE Section

Talk with some experts about this compelling motion graphics and visual effects software.

New AE Section

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks Ron for adding an After Effects section to the forum.

There are many members here using AE and some that have just acquired AE such as myself. Hopefully we can learn new things about the program through this new forum section. Muvipix is a valuable resource for other Adobe programs and editing in general. Lots of info in 3 years of topics on this forum.

AE is a complex program and many ways to achieve the same thing. Some better than others. I have only scratched the surface of its features. There are many tutorials, scripts, plug ins, custom presets, etc for After Effects. This section would be a good place to share resources. My favorite feature in AE is 3D space. I am happy to share any bits of knowledge that I have (still a novice) and looking forward to learning from all of you.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: New AE Section

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 pm

This will be a place where you can ask any question and get good solid answers, suggestions, solutions and advice.
No one will put you down, or give you a hard time, for asking simple, basic questions.
But then that is part of the Muvipix philosophy isn't it :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby dalelpaq » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 am

I too am pleased. I've been learning VFX for a couple of years now all based on AE and my experience is that the more you learn, the more you want to do, and the easier it becomes to learn how! Other messages in the forum have mentioned Lydia tuts. I'd like to also recommend creativecow.com which has tons of tutorials. Also, videocopilot.net has tones more by Andrew Kramer. On his site, Andrew has 10 beginner tuts which are a really great way to get started.
dalelpaq
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:43 am

Very good resources Dale. And true the more you learn the more you want to do. When I first got AE, I watched tuts at CCow and took notes only to find out that it takes a 3rd party plug in like Trapcode Particular. ](*,) Now I read the tut description carefully before deciding to view.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby dalelpaq » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Me too!! What I have learned, though, is that what really changes between applications (and plug-ins for that matter) is the details of how they work. The overarching concepts are pretty much the same. As a result, I often do watch tuts for other things I don't have and then apply the concepts to what I do. Works!! Dale
dalelpaq
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to After Effects