They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Learn After Effects Inside & Out tuts

Talk with some experts about this compelling motion graphics and visual effects software.

Learn After Effects Inside & Out tuts

Postby momoffduty » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm

List of tuts & books to get you started. I have the After Effects Apprentice and the Creating Motion Graphics by Meyers. Very good books.

http://www.toolfarm.com/blog/entry/new_ ... de_and_out
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Learn After Effects Inside & Out tuts

Postby Bob » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Speaking of After Effects Apprentice, besides the book, Lynda.com has the After Effects Appentice video series by Chris and Trish Meyer. Lynda.com wasn't mentioned in the primary references in the above link. But, they have many excellent After Effects tutorials. Definitely worth a look.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 am

And speaking of Lynda.com, they do offer a free week-long test drive that's well worth checking out. Just follow the link in the panel to the left of this forum.

Meantime, as our relationship with Lynda continues to grow (I'm working on my next course for them now) we hope to soon be able to include short-term subscriptions as giveaways in future contests. So stay tuned, folks!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Bob, I've watched those tuts, very good! I am surprised they are not on the list.

Steve, Wow a great offer for a free week at Lynda? I would encourage everyone to take offer whether it is for your series on PrEl or AE or PrPro or any type of courses. In the past 6 months I've watched a ton of tuts there on photography, photoshop, ACR, & video related courses. I usually get a subscription for a few months at a time each year.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Gerry » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:17 am

Bob wrote:Speaking of After Effects Apprentice, besides the book, Lynda.com has the After Effects Appentice video series by Chris and Trish Meyer. Lynda.com wasn't mentioned in the primary references in the above link. But, they have many excellent After Effects tutorials. Definitely worth a look.

I burned through the After Effects 6.0 series (by Lynda herself!) and am in the process of watching the Apprentice series. Principles are the same, even if I don't have CS6.

I can't speak highly enough of Lynda.com. That's how I spend most lunchhours at work. Did the 3-part Illustrator series, 3-part Photoshop series, InDesign, Landscape Photography (twice), High Dynamic Range photography (3x), Exposure, Lenses, Photo gear, Night photography... even iPad tips and tricks.

In my estimation there's no better way to learn. I just wish there was a better way to remember!

(This is an unpaid testimonial!)
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 am

Gerry wrote:.....I just wish there was a better way to remember!.....

Ain't that the truth. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby momoffduty » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:
Gerry wrote:.....I just wish there was a better way to remember!.....

Ain't that the truth. :-D

Ditto! :ha: Good to know Gerry that I am not the only one that watches the same courses more than 1x.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to After Effects