They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

After Effects + Photo group

Talk with some experts about this compelling motion graphics and visual effects software.

Re: After Effects + Photo group

Postby Bob » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:54 pm

It looks like he is using a technique called camera projection or camera mapping. You define the planes in 3d space in After Effects and project the corresponding portions of the still images onto them. You can then move the camera in 3d space and you will see the perspective changes as the camera moves through the scene.
Bob

Postby Gerry » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm

momoffduty wrote:The outside of the drug store is 3 files placed in a "V" shape. If you had say 4 square shapes, you could place those in a box shape with their sides touching. In the drug store photo, there are 3 sides. One centered & two at angles to appear like a corner building. I am not sure if the drug store side is reversed, but could be and cloned in the bricks.

Wow. Interesting. I never thought of that. That's something to experiment with!

momoffduty wrote:I am guessing that some of the scenes in the video were created from several photos and not just one photo cut out & cloned.

Another interesting thought! Just shows that After Effects is no place for linear thinking!.
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bubby Grub » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Absolutely amazing, just loved that. Would love to try some of those ideas,
I have the patience I think, but just unfortunately lack the talent.
Thanks for sharing
BG ::CLAP:
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Gerry wrote:Another interesting thought! Just shows that After Effects is no place for linear thinking!.

Very well said!

Bubby Grub wrote:I have the patience I think, but just unfortunately lack the talent.

Sure you do! Once you get familiar with AE the ideas will come. Have you checked out BrainStorm in AE?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bubby Grub » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks Cheryl, I think familiar is the key word. I am great with ideas,
just have to make them work. AE is something you really need to spend the time with, certainly found that out,
and it can be very addictive to say the least. Have to be a little careful with my time right now as going away
on the 3rd and it is amazing the things I need to get done. Looking forward to more exploration when I get more time.
BG :)
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to After Effects