They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Dual Monitors

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Dual Monitors

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 pm

I have finally figured out how to post this - sorry for any inconvenience caused to Steve.

I read Steve's article on setting up two monitors and am very interested in doing this. I have two questions.

The setup used in the article has the two monitors side by side with the keyboard roughly in the middle. Because of my furniture layout, I can not do that. I would have to have the left monitor in the usual position centered on me with the keyboard below it and the right monitor to the right of the left monitor nearly touching it but turned at a roughly 45 degree angle. This of course means I would have to turn my head frequently to use the right monitor. I plan to have the Timeline, Monitor and Clip Panels on the left and the rest on the right.

1. Are you aware of any physical problems which can develop with prolonged turning of the head? On average I work on my projects for about 4 - 5 hours max a day and have a timer which reminds me to get up and stretch every 30 minutes.
2. Would having the second monitor off to the side and not in direct line of sight cancel out much of the advantage of having it?

Many thanks.

Walter.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dual Monitors

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Without giving the pretense that we can hand out medical advice here at Muvipix, Walter, I can't imagine that you'd suffer serious injury looking at a monitor at a slight angle. Just listen to your body and take frequent breaks and you should be fine.

Your two monitors will behave as if they were one continuous desktop. So, even if you don't have them at the same angle, you should still enjoy the benefit of being able to move windows around on your desktop in the much larger desktop space. It's certainly worth a try!

Or, better, angle BOTH monitors -- one at 25% and the other at -25%! That way no one monitor is all that angled.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 8