They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

All types of issues burning a dvd

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

All types of issues burning a dvd

Postby craigpicc » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi. I am really new to PE 8 ALthough I have had the program for over a year now. I have about 1hr and 15mns of video and pictures taken from several devices that i am trying to combine on a dvd. First of all, i am constantly running into memory issues when I build the timeline of clips and pictures. Secondly, when o try to burn the project it takes forever when it works and I often get errors while writing the dvd.

I have a reletively new computer with 1.5gb of memory, a 640 gig HD, and a Q6600, 2.4, 8MB, Core Duo Kentsfield processor.

What can I do to make the software easier to use or am i stuck bc of my hardward.

thanks in advance.
craigpicc
New User
New User

Re: All types of issues burning a dvd

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi Craig, Welcome to Muvipix :wcm:

It would help to know the source of all of your media and the project setting you are using.
Do you have a copy of Steve's book, that might make it easy to point out some solutions for you.

A 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo is not bad, but definitely not the fastest anymore.
If you are trying to edit High Definition, or working in a High Def project preset the computer and memory will definitely be a problem.
Might want to consider going to 4GB of memory, that will help solve some of your issues.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: All types of issues burning a dvd

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:14 am

Hi Craig and welcome to Muvipix. :wcm: As Chuck says the Q6600 is no longer the fastest processor out there but it is a quad core so you should be OK with that - I have the same CPU and it handles my HD stuff well enough. Just a few questions that might help us to help you. :-D
What opsys are you using?
How much free space is there on the hard drive?
What format is the video that you are trying to edit?
What are the pixel dimensions of the stills?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to PRE Version 8