They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

New audio issues

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

New audio issues

Postby MaryAnne » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Dear All,

Created a new video with stills/music of a recent trip. Proud of myself even getting the hang of key frames - wahoo!

However, when I went to save the file to hard drive - it told me that there was an error in the file. At least this time the whole system didn't crash (one step forward!).

Message: "export error - error compiling movie, unknown error."

I see the file on my hard drive but rather than 30 minutes it gives me the first 15min.

I am using PE8
I re-sized all photos
All music selections are MP3s
2 movie backgrounds from muvipix

I tried the NTSC- DVD standard that we used on the last video with "pcm" as you suggested but it didn't work on this one, gave me same message. More tricks up your sleeve?

Thanks
Mary Anne
MaryAnne
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: New audio issues

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:11 pm

Mary Anne, one possible reason for this is a "gap" of one or more frames somewhere in the timeline. If it's only a frame or two it's often difficult to notice when playing back, or to find when trying to isolate it. One way is to zoom in closely on the timeline until you can see individual frames and examine the entire timeline for gaps. Another way is to use the Page Down and Page Up keys to jump to each break point to examine the timeline. Again, you need to be zoomed in closely. If you find a gap, delete it so that the video is continuous. The fact that you get 15 minutes out of your 30 minute video is an indication that there may be a gap about halfway through.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:45 pm

I agree with Dave, probably a gap in the timeline somewhere.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby MaryAnne » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:00 am

Dave & Chuck
Thanks for direction - went through every slide (need new glasses!) Still no luck. But one photo just didn't seem to transition well and that is where the video always stopped. So I pulled that photo back into elements and lo and behold of all the photos that I did as a batch process - it did not convert. So while all the rest were 1000x750, this one was in the 3000 range. Resized the photo, and voila - the slide show worked. So there you have another option for people to check.
MaryAnne
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:02 am

Glad you found the problem. Thanks for the feedback!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 8