They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Tired of being a beta tester for a multimillion $ corporatio

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Re: Tired of being a beta tester for a multimillion $ corporatio

Postby Maxine370 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:26 pm

I haven't been a user of PrEl in some time but I think this is still the case, that you get with Pro and not with Elements....NESTED SEQUENCES...you can do so much with these. Basically what you would now export out as a AVI and then import back in to use you can create timelines within timelines (nested). No need to render out. Group multiple tracks together as one sequnce, then nest it and apply new effects to whole thing. Create new transitions by layering them through nested sequnces. Create reusable sequences to play over and over in minimal steps. Save space... create mutiple edits within the same file....and more.

I've said this before...NESTED SEQUENCES ROCK.

You think I like them?
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby rjones » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 am

Anybody heard if there is going to be a bug fix release of PRE 8 anytime soon? I use Cakewalk Sonar Producer for audio and that company is diligent about putting out one or more upgrades within weeks of the initial release because nothing breaks a program you think is solid faster than releasing it to the public. Cakewalk does a good job of getting feedback and updating and fixing each rev. Agreed, the Cakewalk software is more expensive, but Adobe could take some lessons.
rjones
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:44 am

roadsideron wrote:No, I really believe it was a rush to at least hit the streets the same time Studio 14 did so they wouldn't lose any sales. It just wasn't ready and I really don't think it was planned to put a non working version out just to bait and switch. They just made a very bad marketing decision.

A masterpiece of understatement, if I may say so. :-D

And your comment here has that definite ring of truth which may surely backfire on them too " I really believe it was a rush to at least hit the streets the same time Studio 14 did so they wouldn't lose any sales."
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bobby » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 am

Where is Dilbert when you need him?
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 am

rjones wrote:Anybody heard if there is going to be a bug fix release of PRE 8 anytime soon? I use Cakewalk Sonar Producer for audio and that company is diligent about putting out one or more upgrades within weeks of the initial release because nothing breaks a program you think is solid faster than releasing it to the public. Cakewalk does a good job of getting feedback and updating and fixing each rev. Agreed, the Cakewalk software is more expensive, but Adobe could take some lessons.

Adobe generally never puts out a patch for Premiere Elements, only 1 for version 3 and none before or after that.
The version 3 patch was necessary because the software was supposed to be Vista compatible but wouldn't run on Vista.
They fixed that pretty quick and put out a patch in January, after an October software release.

I used Cakewalk Pro about 15 years ago, loved the program. It's good to know that it is still around and people still love the software :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:00 pm

Maxine370 wrote:I've said this before...NESTED SEQUENCES ROCK.

1. I agree with Beth, nested sequences are versatile.

2. The velocity graph can't live with out now. When keyframing pans & zooms this is very, very helpful to keep the flow consistent. I keyframe each photo and tweak so very useful.

3. Creating a title based on current is very handy. Had a recent slideshow with names/dates added to many photos and was fast using this feature.

4. Time remapping is fun. Don't use it a lot , but it is fun. Did I say fun?

5. Adobe Media Encoder is daunting at first, but lots of options to tweak & deinterlace.

6. No automatic 'delete & close gap' so things do not slide around the timeline. New items are not automatically placed on the timeline when created so no need to worry about the CTI position.

What's missing are some of the easy buttons. No fade in/out for audio or opacity. Just use a onesided cross dissolve and I usually adjust the keyframes anyway from the default settings on the audio. The effects & transitions do not have small thumbnail examples, but if you are familiar with these in PrEl then no need for them.

The question is what are your needs. A lot of editing can be done in PrEl.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby rjones » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Three things I need: stability; presets to cut down repetituous tasks such as doing batch fade ins and outs; ability to copy and do paste attributes but with the ability to paste selected attributes like you can do in Lightroom.

Can pro do this? I'm obviously reluctant to pay the big bucks for Pro after my experience with PRE 8.
rjones
New User
New User

Postby rjones » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:08 pm

Adobe generally never puts out a patch for Premiere Elements, only 1 for version 3 and none before or after that.
The version 3 patch was necessary because the software was supposed to be Vista compatible but wouldn't run on Vista.
They fixed that pretty quick and put out a patch in January, after an October software release.

PRE 8 is going to really stain the reputation of Adobe if the company doesn't do something about it. I'm going to be reluctant to ever buy an upgrade again. I've finally got it working better since I discovered how to bypass the welcome program but I haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces since I figured that out. What irritates me is that I had to go through many hours of frustration and lost time before I got the program to work properly. I shouldn't have to do that if I paid for it.
rjones
New User
New User

Postby Maxine370 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:09 pm

rjones wrote:Three things I need: stability; presets to cut down repetituous tasks such as doing batch fade ins and outs; ability to copy and do paste attributes but with the ability to paste selected attributes like you can do in Lightroom.

you can set any presets you want ...in fact you can create presets using multiple effects combined...a huge timesaver, you can apply effects and presets to multiple clips at once. you can copy indivdual effects to copy to a new clip or just choose the ones you want.

pretty stable but i think that also depends on your system
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to PRE Version 8