They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE 8 can´t shut down

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Re: PE 8 can´t shut down

Postby Bobby » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:13 am

I am downloading the Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 demo now.

But I noticed that the price is $90 until Oct. 20 and then $130 after. Is this a come-on, or a real discount - i.e. is there "always" a discount? Any ideas?
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:49 am

Bobby, $90 is about the regular price of MEP Plus. If you don't need MAGIX PC Check & Tuning 2010, then it's not a discount.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:05 am

JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:36 am

I always considered them more on the consumer end of the market, rather than prosumer which is where I would place PRE. Many of their ads in US PC magazines emphasized simple consumer pre-defined actions, etc.

I consider Movie Edit Pro a pro-sumer Video Editing package. MAGIX does make watered down versions for beginners which emphasize putting videos together quickly.

MEP 15 would be a dissappointment to a beginner. There is so much there and it would be too difficult to learn. However, coming from a PRE background, the learning curve for me was much quicker than it would be for a beginner.

There are a lot of cool video effects you can add to your clips. And like PRE, you can adjust the effects using keyframing. You can also work on the effects from scratch.

Check out the audio effects. You can edit your music, and there are so many audio tools available it wil make your head spin.

Take a look at the collages. There are also tons of visuals available, which move to the beat of your music.

Ever wonder how to handle upright pictures? Check out those templates. There are also plenty of fun objects you can use, many are also animated.

What about objects tracking a moving subject in a video. PRE8 has that new feature. MEP has had it for years.

Look at the cool intros and outros. Look at the really cool 3D title templates.

Click on an audio clip and check out the audio effects. There are even ambient sounds and drum beats you can add to your video.

Dolby 5.1 surround. Excellent mixer, mastering suite, etc. There is so much you can do with audio.

The templates and extra content will need to be downloaded separately.

The boxed version comes with Motion Studios Vasco da Gamma travel map software. You can create travel maps, with a car, plane, boat, train showing where you are travelong.

It also comes with Realillusion iclone 3 SE.

I also like the idea that you can add links to folders on the import window.

I can go on and on, but I am hungry and need some lunch :)
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby roadsideron » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:35 pm

I just ordered MEP 15 plus from Amazon. I looked at the features on the website and I'm impressed. I don't really need a new toy to play with since I have too much going on, but that's just the way I am I guess.

One more thing. Adobe would have gotten my money had they listened and not released the final version until it was ready to go. I think there are several things in MEP that I might really like like multi-cam editing and iclone anyway.
roadsideron
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Previous

Return to PRE Version 8