They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Still "Background Rendering" - After 30+ minutes?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Re: Still "Background Rendering" - After 30+ minutes?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:33 am

Curtis, are you absolutely sure you're using the right project settings in Premiere Elements? There is no way that video captured over FireWire from a miniDV should have to be rendered or should appear on the timeline with a red line over it!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cknittle » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:22 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Curtis, are you absolutely sure you're using the right project settings in Premiere Elements? There is no way that video captured over FireWire from a miniDV should have to be rendered or should appear on the timeline with a red line over it!

As sure as I can be, I suppose. When I select File->New->Project, I get the New Project dialog box. Clicking on Change Settings I get the Setup dialog box. Expand NTSC, expand DV, and select Standard 48 Khz. This was the default after installation. If there's another place I need to set project settings, then I don't know about it.

I have a strong suspicion this is related to the Edit->Project Settings->Video Rendering file format setting. In PE4 it is "DV NTSC". In PE8 it is "Microsoft AVI DV NTSC". Thus far I haven't figured out how to change this. WHen a file is captured from HV20 it is DV NTSC, right? Well, DV NTSC != Microsoft AVI DV NTSC.

Thanks! I appreciate the help!

C
cknittle

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 am

cknittle wrote: WHen a file is captured from HV20 it is DV NTSC, right?

DV- NTSC - Widescreen
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cknittle » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:20 am

Chuck Engels wrote:
cknittle wrote: WHen a file is captured from HV20 it is DV NTSC, right?

DV- NTSC - Widescreen

You da man. This alleviated the background rendering. I guess this means I've been doing things the wrong way with all those other clips. Any idea how I can get those older clips to this widescreen size? The older clips look correct, but they have black bars at top and bottom.

I tried importing the old clips into a widescreen project and it shrunk the width. Then I tried pulling them into a 4:3 project and then exporting to widescreen but that didn't help either. Have I lost the capbility to convert to widescreen?
cknittle

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Any video from the Canon HV series will be widescreen because HDV is only widescreen.

Not sure where the old clips came from and if they are 4:3 or 16:9, do you know?
You can add 4:3 images to a Widescreen project and those clips will have black bars on the sides.
You can stretch the video (increase the scale property) to fill the screen.
In doing this you will lose some of the video at the top and bottom so you will also need to set the position property to the best possible view.

You can add widescreen video to an 4:3 project and will end up with black bars at the top and bottom.
You can again adjust the Scale property to fill in the entire frame but will lose video on the sides as the scale increases.
Then again you will want to adjust the position of the clip in the monitor so you end up with the best viewable area in the monitor.

Hope that helps 8-[
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cknittle » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:41 pm

All these clips that I've been having trouble with are SD, with the HV20 set to widescreen mode. I'll have to fiddle with it.

Thanks again for all the help. I'll start doing it correctly in the future. :)

Curtis
cknittle

Previous

Return to PRE Version 8