They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Buying Version 8 ?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Buying Version 8 ?

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:07 am

There are multiple options for purchasing Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements version 8.
Please see our Resources page
There are now options on the resource page for Amazon USA, Canada and UK :TU:

The Muvipix USA Store

The Muvipix Canada Store

The Muvipix UK Store

And you can purchase directly from Adobe using the links on our resources page or at http://chuckengels.com

Muvipix receives a small commission from your purchase that helps us to provide you with the the best online experience possible.
Purchasing the products using the links provided cost exactly the same and sometimes provides additional discounts and reduced pricing

Thank you for your support !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Buying Version 8 ?

Postby JP's » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 pm

When will the PSE8/PE8 bundle be available?
Dell Inspiron 531, Dual Core AMD Athlon 64, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, 4 GB Ram, 500 GB Hard Drive, XFX Radeon HD 5770, Dual monitors, PSE6/PE4, G-Raid 4TB
JP's

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:48 pm

You can pre-order now from any of our links listed above.
According to the sites

"This item will be released on October 23, 2009."
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby jackfalbey » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Has anyone received the usual current-user upgrade offer email from Adobe? Typically I get a discount offer from them every time there's a new version released, but I haven't got one for 8 yet...
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:04 pm

I've just chatted with an Adobe rep and the official word is that there is still no special price for current Premiere Elements owners.

For what it's worth, this seems to happen every time -- and when Adobe finally does come out with a special price, it's usually about the same as Amazon is offering as a sale price!

The current price is $99 with a $20 rebate.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby tex » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:59 pm

Hello

Back in the game. Thought I'd upgrade to PE8 but remain with PS7. Would there be significant reason to get the new pair together?
-paul s
tex
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Barb O » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:38 pm

tex wrote: Thought I'd upgrade to PE8 but remain with PS7. Would there be significant reason to get the new pair together?
-paul s

I am wondering if anyone here at Muvipix has experimented with PE 8 and PSE 7 together? If yes, please do comment on this question from Tex because I don't have that environment to test my conclusions.

First, I can't immediately think of any new function in PE 8 and PSE 8 that would strongly argue for purchasing them together.

Second, I think the next question is - Do you care about any of the functions that will not work when you have PE 8 and PSE 7 installed (instead of v8 of both products) ? Point 1 below is documented by Adobe in a ReadMe file. The other points I have listed are my personal conclusions based on general knowledge.

1 - For the specific workflow of starting a slideshow in the Photoshop Elements slide show Editor and then sending that slide show to Premiere Elements where you then Break Apart the slide show for additional editing, then you need PS 8 Elements to go with PE 8.
2- You can not use an PSE 7 Organizer catalog in Premiere Elements 8 (or the reverse of a v8 catalog being used in v7). So you can not share a catalog.
3 -- You might not be able to initiate an edit of a photo in PSE 7 from the PE 8 timeline. Instead you would need to separately do the edit in PSE 7 then save that edited file and replace it on the PE 8 timeline manually yourself.

These limitations (and any others that I did not identify) may make no difference to you at all. Therefore, I think this is a situation where you should consider using the PE 8 trial and do your normal workflow before you spend your money. That way you will know if there are problem areas that I have not identified.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby tex » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks Barb O
...that's some specific answering! Makes it apparent that Adobe wants versions to play and sell together more than be compatible... guess I'll save a little time and money by bundling. (marketing ploy triumphs again, dang it)

I'm paranoid that trial versions want to spit unmentioned buggers into your project when you least expect it.
tex
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Barb O » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:18 pm

tex,

I was not trying to convince you to buy both Photoshop and Premiere Elements 8, so I hope that I did not give that impression. In fact I might purchase only Photoshop Elements 8 myself.

Now I have used some of the workflows that I listed as not working with version 7 PSE and PE. However there are alternative workflows to accomplish the same objective. So if you have specific questions ask.

Barb O
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 8