They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Deleting Disc Menus

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Deleting Disc Menus

Postby Walter Seaton » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:53 pm

On the very few occasions when I divide my productions into "chapters" (for example, I shot the first year of each of my grandchildren and combined these into one production) I have found the Disc Menus very helpful. However most times I do not have "chapters" and like to make my own title graphics; I am frustrated that I do not seem to be able to avoid using the Disc Menus. In desperation, I have exported my productions into ProShow Producer, in which I can use my own "title page". This seems to me to be very inefficient.

Is there any way I can by-pass Disc Menus in PRE8 or, better still, is there a blank Disc Menu to which I can add just "Title", "Press Start to Play" and "A Walter Seaton Production" against a background of my choosing as I can in ProShow?
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Deleting Disc Menus

Postby Bob » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:39 am

Walter,

The generic text dvd menu in the archive will probably do the job for you. It's located here: http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=53 . Download the v4 menu, it should work fine in your PrE v8. The file contains installation instructions.

When you create your dvd, don't use menu markers. If there are no menu markers, you won't generate chapter or scene links and the Play Movie button will be automatically linked to the movie. When you add the generic text menu to the project, it will ask if you want to automatically generate markers. Say no. You will be left with a Title, a Subtitle, and a Play Movie button. You will be able to change the font, the size of the text, the color and position as desired. You can even drag and drop a background image on the menu if you wish.
Bob

Re: Deleting Disc Menus

Postby Walter Seaton » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Thank you - that has been very useful
3.70 gigahertz Intel 6-Core i7-8700K; Windows10PRO 64 bit; Board: ROG STRIX Z370-G ; 16MB RAM; Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti ; 2 ViewSonic VP2365 Monitors; 2 internal SSDs 1TB each; 3 HDs: 2x2TB and 1x3TB; Camera Panasonic PV-DV953D; Sound Files .wav.
Walter Seaton
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 8