They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Suggestions for the Rookie in the PRE Version 8 room?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Suggestions for the Rookie in the PRE Version 8 room?

Postby aanderson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:45 pm

I purchased PRE version 8.0 1-2 years ago (?!) and tried to bumble my way through without any instruction manual. Needless to say, I gave up. I am resurfacing (now that I've found Muvipix) and have reignited my interest in learning. I just want to create a simple home movie. Is that too much to ask? :) Any words of wisdom for tutorials or user manuals would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!
-amy
P.S. I work on a Dell laptop with Windows 7. I probably need to know more than that but at least I'm a consistent rookie.
aanderson
New User
New User

Re: Suggestions for the Rookie in the PRE Version 8 room?

Postby Ron » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:51 pm

OK, looks like you figured out how to post a question, so you have 3 questions going with 3 different mediums. Hopefully we address all of your concerns :fg:

Seriously, welcome to muvipix; someone will be along shortly!

PS - your one login is enabled.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bob » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, Amy!

Since you have version 8, I would suggest starting by viewing the Muvipix 8 part Intro to Premiere Elements 8 tutorial series. That should get you started.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:19 pm

I agree with Bob. If you're intent on working with version 8, we do offer a Muvipix Guide to Premiere Elements 8, which would be a much smarter buy than our guide to version 7. You can find it also on Amazon or at the Muvipix Store. We also offer a free 8-part Basic Training tutorial series (Intro to Premiere Elements) to help you get started. (It's for version 9, but everything in the tutorials should also apply to version 8.http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0 )

But, in all honesty, version 8 is one of my least favorite versions of the program. Adobe patched it as well as they could, but it's still a very bad performer. I think you'll find updating to version 11 a good investment, if stability and performance is a problem for you.

What kind of things about the program frustrated you?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from?

And how fast is your computer's processor and what operating system is it using?

And what do you plan to do with your video once it's edited?

Sometimes having a good experience with the program is merely a matter of matching your needs with the right equipment and software.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 pm

I definitely agree with Steve regarding V11 vs V8. One thing that Steve didn't mention was that in addition to being a much better performer, V11 has a new interface. If your system specs will support it, I'd suggest considering it instead. Since you haven't spent time learning any version yet, you might as well learn the program with its newest look and feel. I think it's going to be very popular.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 8