They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Muvipix DVD Menu Template: change Audio duration?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

Muvipix DVD Menu Template: change Audio duration?

Postby Margthecar » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:24 pm

I am using Muvipix DVD menu Info_Superhighway in PreE8. It comes with a 8;21 long AVI background clip that also seems to have the audio with it. I would like to change the Audio background music and also increase the Duration of the Audio to the max of 30 seconds. I can change the Audio clip to my preferred music, but not increase the Duration. It is stuck at 8;21. Any increase I enter reverts to 8;21, although I can decrease it. I am assuming that the Audio duration is somehow linked to the video duration. Is there an easy way to separate the Audio and Video so I can make the Audio clip longer than the video clip, or is this not allowed in PrE8? I can live with it, if necessary, but hopefully there is an easy fix I am overlooking.....
2.66 GHz Intel i7-920, 12 GB RAM, NVIDIA GT440 1GB DDR5 (unlocked), 750 GB SATA HD (internal), 1TB HD (external), Win7 64-bit, SD DV-AVI source video (still playing with HD), PrE8, CS5
Margthecar

Re: Muvipix DVD Menu Template: change Audio duration?

Postby Margthecar » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Never mind. The solution popped into my head a bit ago, and I just tried it and it worked. It is as follows:

Import original template AVI (8 seconds and change) into any PrE timeline.
Copy 2 more times, to give a segment about 26 seconds long. Added video crossdissolves between clips.
As an added bonus, I widened it to be Widescreen AVI.
Share the 26 second clip as a DV-AVI.
Rename it to the original file name: Info_SuperHiway_bg.avi (or something like that).
Copy and overwrite the file in the Adobe/....Pre8/DVDTemplates.../etc file.
Restart PrE8 and Voila--the background is now not only 26 seconds long, it is Widescreen as well!
I was then able to replace the Audio with my preferred music AND increase duration to 26 seconds.
2.66 GHz Intel i7-920, 12 GB RAM, NVIDIA GT440 1GB DDR5 (unlocked), 750 GB SATA HD (internal), 1TB HD (external), Win7 64-bit, SD DV-AVI source video (still playing with HD), PrE8, CS5
Margthecar

Re: Muvipix DVD Menu Template: change Audio duration?

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Ah, the self-help forum works again! :-D
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to PRE Version 8