They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

audio sync loss in render

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 8.

audio sync loss in render

Postby tintex » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi! I'm new here but, have high expectations by the reading of the site mission statement. Hate to jump right into a problem but, that's what led me here in the first place. Here goes:

Running Pr El 8 but, am having the same problem when I tried El 4 so, must be doing something wrong. I'm running two audio tracks simultaneously. Had to slow one track down (with the time stretch tool) to match the other. Sounds great within the program but, when rendered out to mpg or avi the sync gets lost and the two tracks run at different speeds. I've tried everything I can think of but, guess I missed something. Any ideas? Thanks and hope to be an active member of this awesome community! -- Paul (tintex)
tintex
New User
New User

Re: audio sync loss in render

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, tintex!

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?

Are you using video in this project also? If so, what type of camcorder did this video come from?

Have you ensured that all of your audio is in the WAV format?

Finally, try outputting using Share/Computer/AVI with a DV preset and see if you have the same sync issues.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby tintex » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey Steve,
thanks for responding so quick! Yes, I have lots of video in this project (a wedding compilation). I pretty much (generally) use the NTSC-DV-Standard 48kz preset. As for the two audio files in this project, one is wma, the other mp3. Do you think that may be the problem? Seems like, but I can't document, that I use all kinds of formats and don't experience many sync problems. I did have to chop up these files but, like I said, they play together great within the program. I've output to avi, mpg, mp3 and AAC. I'll try output to wav and see if that works. Let me know if you think of something.... thanks again! Checked out a couple of member projects and WOW! GREAT stuff! I'm excited! paul
tintex
New User
New User

Postby tintex » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:09 pm

well, just output to wav and still had a sync problem.....
I guess I could try converting the original files to wav first then put them in the project. What do you think?
tintex
New User
New User

Postby tintex » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Steve,
I just converted both files to wav and that may be the answer! I think I can make them work. Will let you know for sure. Man, thanks! I'll find out how to post and start sharing some projects. I really like this site so far. chat soon............paul
tintex
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:11 am

Hi Paul and welcome to Muvipix. :wcm:

You might want to have a look at Audacity (free). It is an audio editing program and it might just help with your sync problem, allowing you to create a single output file audio file created from the two input files.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 am

Glad you were able to find the solution, tex!!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 8