They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

muvipix 2008 Video Contest!

A parking place for everything that relates to our contests and giveaways!

Re: muvipix 2008 Video Contest!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed May 07, 2008 12:56 pm

I actually just got this from Mrs. Chuck moments ago:

"For those who are not aware, Chuck is currently in the hospital (for the 2nd time in 2 wks.) for a collapsed lung (left one both times). He's waiting for a third surgical procedure to take place later this afternoon (about 4-5pm our time). This one is supposed to insure that he will not have this happen again. The previous 2 procedures were inserting a chest tube each time, to help the lung to re-inflate.

" All the prayers, good wishes and support from others are helping us so much too! We can most definitely feel them!"

More as I know. I promise.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gooder » Wed May 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated, Steve!

Very sorry to hear about Chuck and what that poor fellow is going through!
He must have some strength to endure all of that!!!

Best wishes, Chuck :)
Cheers
Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Gooder » Wed May 07, 2008 1:59 pm

Hello Steve!

I'm thinking we should all hold off with the video contest and just continue when Chuck gets out of hospital, what do you think?
I'm sure everyone would agree with that, what does everyone think? :)

Cheers,
Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed May 07, 2008 2:12 pm

Chuck, Ron and I have had some preliminary discussions about the contest, so I think we have a bit of an idea which pieces Chuck favors.

So, although I certainly appreciate your concern, Lee, I'm not sure it's fair to hold off announcing the winners for several more days. I'm sure the contestants want to know the results, right?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Wed May 07, 2008 2:41 pm

Adding my 2c again, I vote to hold off until Chuck is better and can participate on the forum. Waited this long whats a little while more?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Cinde » Wed May 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I'm not sure it's fair to hold off announcing the winners for several more days. I'm sure the contestants want to know the results, right?

Steve, of course we want to know the results. But at Chuck's expense? I don't think so!!!

Chuck is going through some major health problems right now. He should be doing nothing but resting and recuperating.

I certainly don't think anyone would expect him to undergo any undue stress by having to worry about making his choices (along with the other judges) and then having to announce them on a certain date. I’m in favor of waiting until Chuck feels well enough to participate on the forum and be with us when the announcement is made.

Besides, I'm sure most of the contestants kept up with the vote rating. So, many of us probably already know where we placed in our individual category (mine was last in my category).
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Rockdoc » Wed May 07, 2008 3:32 pm

With all due respect, I don't think anyone is trying to proceed here "at Chuck's expense". We all care about Chuck, and absolutely no one is going to choose a contest entry over his health. We all want him included at whatever level he wants to be included, and I think it's pretty clear that everyone is willing to wait however long is necessary on the contest to be sure his health is recovered. No one is interested in pressuring him in any way, and I am sure that our defense of him will make him feel warm fuzzies when he is feeling good enough to read this.

That said, Steve has been in touch with Mrs. Chuck (and sharing with us - thank you Steve!) and may be the one with the best finger on the pulse of how to proceed here. I defer to Steve and respect whatever opinion he has about what to do next.
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed May 07, 2008 3:35 pm

You mean somebody wants to do what I want to do?

I'm not used to this! I don't know what to do now! 8-[
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed May 07, 2008 3:44 pm

I can't say for certain since I've never met chuck, but I get the impression that he wouldn't want to delay things. And, since they have had preliminary discussions, I would feel ok if they went ahead. The surgery is today, so it may be possible for Mrs Chuck to ask him Thursday or Friday if he has any objections or possibly even look over the results before the announcement. But, I agree with Rockdoc, I'll respect and support Steve (and Ron) however he decides to proceed.
Bob

Postby Rockdoc » Wed May 07, 2008 3:47 pm

img0203

Maybe I'm just passing the buck, Steve.... :-8
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:48 pm

I didn't enter but I think we should wait on Chuck.. A while longer isn't that big of a deal... I am in agreement with Rockdoc said about Steve doing what he thinks best. He probably knows Chuck better than we do and I believe Steve and Ron would do what is best for all concerned.. Right? :-D
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Maxine370 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:01 pm

My main concern is Chuck... Please keep us posted on how he is doing as you hear.

As for the contest, please do what you believe best when it comes to CHuck's health. If that means waiting until he is healthy then by all means, we can wait.
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Gooder » Thu May 08, 2008 12:11 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:So, although I certainly appreciate your concern, Lee, I'm not sure it's fair to hold off announcing the winners for several more days. I'm sure the contestants want to know the results, right?

Thanks, Steve :)

I wanted to reply to your message lastnight but I could not get back on to Muvipix for some reason!
Anyway, I just wanted to say that it would be even more nicer if all the team players were here. I did not want to add any further stress to this topic but yes, it would be great to have everything running on Friday!

I also think that Chuck would get some joy out of us all waiting until he is better and able to join in with the fun and excitement! :)

Cheers & thanks, Steve.
Lee
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby photoshopmagician » Thu May 08, 2008 12:48 am

K, im a contestant, and while i would really like to know the results by friday, im not dying to know. I think it's right if we wait because if one of you were in the hospital, you'd want everyone to wait for you. It's not like the owners of this site are trying to not give the answers. There's just some unexpected circumstances. No biggie, and im sure all the contestants will understand due to the circumstances. :-D
photoshopmagician
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 08, 2008 6:41 am

Wow! You guys are amazing!

Okay then. Unless there's an objection, we'll hold off announcing winners for a few days.

But please do let us know if anyone does object and Ron and I will make the selections. Chuck's input is very valued (and his presence is deeply missed), but we do also have a professional responsibility to you all too.

Thanks, all.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to muvipix Contests