They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The 2014 Fall Video Contest

A parking place for everything that relates to our contests and giveaways!

Re: The 2014 Fall Video Contest

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:26 am

Sorry that I will not be submitting anything for this comp but I have a suggestion.

Starting January 2015 we have "just for fun" comps every quarter. So the Jan 2015 comp has an end date of 31st March, the April comp has an end date of 31st July.....

So just four "for fun" comps each year with each comp allowing plenty of time to consider and create an entry.

Now I accept that four per year might be too many. I'm just throwing the idea into the ring, as it were.

For future comps I have two suggestions as 'topics', timelapse and stop motion.

Just my twopennyworth. :ha:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:21 am

Peru, for me it's fine, although I am going to post these days.

It's fine because the soundtrack of my video contains the following words:

"Now the Summer’s gone
And December’s here ...
... Free to feel the sun
Warm upon your face
Just to walk outside
Knowing you’re still safe :-) "
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:38 am

My entry. I enjoy making plum jam from our plum tree. And I say yes extend video time to submit.....

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Very instructive video and very in time with the music !
I enjoyed the deep poetry of the tools and appreciated the pastel colors and their synthesis at 0:48 on the cloth, when the juice was done.
Nice alchemy :;cook;: !
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Wow. Two great submissions!

I already have AE but I haven't gotten very far with it. Now I see it can be muh more terrifying than I thought!!! Yikes. Love the jam, Sidd. Plum is my favorite! I agree with Francesco about your tablecloth. I also like the plates of plums before they go into the mixer. Do you strain the pits?

I've been thinking about my passions. I thought about baking a peach pie but peaches are fresh out of season. Sailing but the exhaust manifold on our boat has rusted out and the engine can't be run until it is replaced and besides, it rained and rained this past week at the beach. Painting. Slow as molasses.

ah well, something will work out,

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:53 am

Dear Muvipix friends,

I wanted to show some of my creative daily activities in this to-be-continued 1 minute video:

Nothing new about the surroundings, perhaps you already know my village as well as me image150 ...

The sequel is the following video (Images 67) on my same Vimeo profile: it is funnier as it contains some backstages and makings, some mistakes in everyday shooting, daily visions and emotions.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:22 am

Francesco I loved it. Colorful and looked like a very tempting meal. I really like how you did the time lapse and zoom at the beginning. That looked very cool. When is lunch :)

Paz sorry to hear about the boat. It has been so dry here I would love to be stuck with some rain. Then maybe I could make a new paper boat adventure. Right now lots of paper but no water to float in :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:07 am

Wow Francesco & Sidd! Loved them both. All this cooking makes me hungry!

Sidd, I loved the cam in the pot view and the opening view of the glasses. Very nice light.

Francesco, I liked the time lapse too at the beginning with the zoom. Creative shots of you and the camera at the ending.

Great job guys! ::CLAP:

Paz, I thought of you the other day when I was trying to paint a pottery piece. They did fix it up for me :-D I had a pie making idea too, or sewing, or hand embroidery, but not enough time to film and make something.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:48 am

Thanks Cheryl,
I had the chance to reveal a little trick to make soup tastier: half an apple (or even a whole one) makes "minestrone" more dense and its sweet flavour contrasts nicely with pancetta's saltiness.
I then prefer to keep aromas (onion, garlic, parley, basil) separate in the tea filter to prevent them cooking all the time and strengthen the soup's flavour.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ZUjbHVEmk[/youtube]
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:14 am

My compliments, Patrice, a really great project for a 1-minute video !
The background is fantastic, your hand very very steady and the zoom movement extremely precise.
It is the very first time I think that camera zoom is far better than the video editing software one.
I liked the slow performance and the freezed image in the second part of the video, the titles are very instructive and I am sure I don't know the truth about Alibamons.
I think also that while one normally tries to include as many sequences as possible in a short video, you narrated the whole story in one pic ::CLAP:
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:56 am

Paz I liked it a lot. I especially like that Sepia tone look too. I could not hit the broad side of a barn. I think I would be the one collecting berries close to the Teepee..... :fg:

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Paz, you have a steady hand! Must be the painter's touch. I loved the sepia tone to color intro too. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Peru » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Nicely done, Paz. :tup:

I hope to have my late "entry" done and uploaded this coming weekend.
Peru

Postby _Paz_ » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:12 am

Thank you all.

This is just one segment I filmed (using a tripod) at the Fort Toulouse Living History event this year. I'm working on a series as an educational project.

Can't wait to see your entry too, Peru.

Paz
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to muvipix Contests