They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

BluffTitler & Sony VMS10

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

BluffTitler & Sony VMS10

Postby BobWard » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Currently have Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 HD Platinum Suite.

I would like to get some special effects software to spice up some of my home produced family movies. I was initially interested in Adobe After Effects until I saw the price tag - plus that program probably has more capabilities than I need.

I ran across BluffTitler during an Internet search and it looks like it might do what I am looking for at a reasonable price ($65). Does anyone have any feedback on using BluffTitler with Sony VMS10?

Bob
BobWard

Re: BluffTitler & Sony VMS10

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 pm

There are quite a few BluffTitler users here, not sure how many are using it with Vegas Studio 10.

Another couple of plugins you might want to check out are; ProDad Vitascene and ProDad Heroglyph.
A little more expensive but they do a lot more as well. I've been using them for a few years now and love what they can do to spice up a production :)

ProDad Software
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:43 pm

You really don't use Bluff Titler with anything per se. You create a video or animation with Bluff Titler. Then you add the video to a timeline track in Sony Vegas or whatever video application you want. The file size of the video can get large if you need transparency. Haven't added anything I've created with Bluff Titler to any Sony Vegas timelines yet. There's a definite learning curve. You won't be using it out of the box. It's best to load a demo project and inspect the properties and play with the sliders.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Another couple of plugins you might want to check out are; ProDad Vitascene and ProDad Heroglyph.
A little more expensive but they do a lot more as well. I've been using them for a few years now and love what they can do to spice up a production

I have also been using these proDad plug-ins.

In addition to those, you might also want to check out some of the NewBlueFX plug-ins. I particularly like the Video Essentials Series.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby BobWard » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look into some of the other applications that were mentioned.

Bob
BobWard

Postby BobWard » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 pm

I think I would be most interested in using special effects software for titling and credit rolls. After reviewing some of the demos and reviews for the various programs, I am inclined to conclude that BluffTitler would probably give me the most bang for the buck for what I am trying to do.

Thanks again and if you have any additional comments, please send them along.

Bob
BobWard

Postby Peru » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:55 am

BluffTitler doesn't always successfully export with transparency, even if it says it does, depending upon several factors such as video card, processor speed, RAM, and the NLE editor.

If you can not achieve success, then use a solid color background and use chroma key or another key to create the transparency.
Peru

Postby BobWard » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Peru,

Regarding the following comment,

If you can not achieve success, then use a solid color background and use chroma key or another key to create the transparency.

Do you make the above mentioned adjustments in VMS or in BluffTitler?

Bob
BobWard

Postby Peru » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:05 pm

I use Premier Pro CS4 and Premiere Elements 3.02.

My computer is not quite fast enough and the graphics is not quite powerful enough for transparency to always work properly when exported from Blufftitler.

As a workaround, I use a colored background instead of a transparent background when I create a title or video clip in Blufftitler. After I import it into Premiere, I either use chroma key or a color key effect on the clip in the timeline to remove the colored background to create transparency.
Peru

Postby BobWard » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Thanks,

I will have to download the trial version and see how it works with my system and VMS10.

I am running an Intel i5 quad core with nVidia GTX275 graphics card. Win7, 64 bit, 4 gigs of RAM.

Bob
BobWard

Postby Peru » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 am

I don't think that the trial version allows you to output. :(
Peru

Return to Plugins & Titlers