They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

NewBlueFX Stabilizer

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

NewBlueFX Stabilizer

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:43 am

If you are in need af a really good stabilizer, give the NewBlueFX Stabilizer a try. I used the trial version and the results vere excellent. The trial version can be used for up to 10 days before a watermark appears.

http://www.newbluefx.com/stabilizer.html
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: NewBlueFX Stabilizer

Postby Paul LS » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 am

There is a free Deshaker for Sony Vegas Pro that is good. I am not sure if it will work in Sony Vegas Studio.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.edmiston/deshaker.htm
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:48 pm

I purchased a license for the NewBlue Stabilizer about two months ago. With your one license you can install on 3 computers. It works in Sony Vegas, Premiere Elements, Pinnacle Studio, Corel something something. So far it works supremo in Sony Vegas Pro 9, IMO. Just within the last week or so NewBlue released updates for many of their effects including the Stabilizer. Now the stabilizer has correction for rolling shutter (I think that's what it's called). I also have Mercalli which also works very well in Sony Vegas Pro 9 and in other NLEs except Magix MEP 16+.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:15 pm

I just ran some tests on a clip I made to compare Mercalli to the NewBlue Stabilizer.
Source Video - AVCHD-Lite 1280x720

In Sony Vegas Studo 10, the stabalizer is a watered down version of the Mercalli Stabilizer. This stabilizer did not do a decent job when compared to the NewBlueFX Stabilizer. The NewBlueFX Stabilizer did a really good job.

When Stabilizing the same clip in MAGIX MEP16+(with the latest patch installed) using Mercalli, the results were very comparable to the NewBlue Stabilizer which I ran on the same clip in Sony Vegas Studio 10.FYI: NewBlueFX does not make plug-ins for MAGIX.

I could not get the Mercalli plug-in to work at all in Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10. It complained about an invalid argumrnt when I selected to start stabilization.

I have not had any issues with the Marcallui Stabilizer in MAGIX MEP16+. It works very well for me. Although I have only tested it on 1 clip since the MEP16+ patch came out.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby tiny » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Very cool. I am currently trying it out on some very shaky footage. We'll see how it turns out!
I wish I were creative enough to write something witty here.
tiny
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:46 pm

JohnnyO wrote:
I could not get the Mercalli plug-in to work at all in Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10. It complained about an invalid argumrnt when I selected to start stabilization.

I asked Prodad about that and they said that they support only the Pro version of Sony Vegas.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Plugins & Titlers