They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Converting AVCHD Files to M2T for Easy Editing

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

Converting AVCHD Files to M2T for Easy Editing

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Just now, I was looking at what's available on the NewBlue web site, and I happened upon an item that might be of interest to those members who shoot AVCHD.

Called NewBlue AVCHD UpShift, this item reportedly will "easily convert your AVCHD files into high-quality MPEG...for easy editing on any HD/MPEG2 capable NLE."

If I understand that claim correctly, even those of you who have older versions of Premiere Elements should be able to edit AVCHD files.

I'm wondering if any member has actually tried this and, if so, how were the results?
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Converting AVCHD Files to M2T for Easy Editing

Postby Barb O » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Here is a link to Paul's previous post which I noticed when I had been considering an AVCHD camcorder

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5599&p=49225&hilit=upshift#p49225

I did not buy the camcorder so I can not add my own comments. It would be interesting to know if Paul has changed his opinion at all since that post.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Converting AVCHD Files to M2T for Easy Editing

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Barb O wrote:Here is a link to Paul's previous post which I noticed when I had been considering an AVCHD camcorder

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=5599&p=49225&hilit=upshift#p49225

I did not buy the camcorder so I can not add my own comments. It would be interesting to know if Paul has changed his opinion at all since that post.

Thanks for the link, Barb O.

I note that Paul writes:

Paul LS wrote:AVCHD UPshift converts to high bitrate (60Mb/s) high quality high definition MPEG2 files... they are relatively small size and PE7 handles the format natively. Of the three PE7 will probably handle the AVCHD Upshift MPEG2 files best.

However if you want to convert to standard definition all these products would require a two step process.

Interestingly, of the 3 products he mentions, the one that PaulLS seems to like the most is also the least expensive.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Plugins & Titlers