They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Vitascene and Adorage free starter kits from ProDAD

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

Vitascene and Adorage free starter kits from ProDAD

Postby munickster » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Didn't see this posted yet, so I thought it would be worth passing on. ProDAD is offering a free starter kit that has roughly 50 effects / transitions in it. The link is http://www.prodad.de/gb/register_adorag ... erkit.html.

I signed up a couple of weeks ago but it took them a while to send the link, so I've just installed it in the last couple of days. It installed what looks to be a fully-registered set of effects and transitions. Also, since you're now a registered user, it allows you to pay the upgrade price for the LE or Full versions instead of full price (their ultimate plan, I would assume) - and the email included another link for 20% off that purchase. That, plus the fact that non-EU purchasers also get a further 19% discount since the tax isn't applicable, adds up to what seems to be a decent discount.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Vitascene free starter kit from ProDAD

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:28 pm

Very nice Dick. I have the full version of Vitascene and love it :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Vitascene free starter kit from ProDAD

Postby munickster » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:07 am

Oops, I mistyped. The link for the Vitascene starter kit is here: http://www.prodad.de/gb/register_vitasc ... erkit.html. The first post contained the link to their free Adorage starter kit, which I have not yet installed. I hope that turns out to be useful as well.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Vitascene and Adorage free starter kits from ProDAD

Postby JohnnyO » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Dick - good find. I registered for both. I can't wait to check them out.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Installed Adorage and the plug in does not show up in PrPro. Found 2 files:

C>Program Files>Adorage I-GfxDatas

C>Program Files>AdoralI_SAL

The second file being Stand alone? Did not see any Adorage files in C>Program Files>Adobe>PrPro

Need help please. Thanks.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby munickster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:25 pm

I see the same thing, Cheryl. Neither Pro nor Elements had Adorage, although I was able to use it standalone (I assume that's what SAL means.) However, after a reboot, Adorage did show up in Elements. I'm still not sure why it's not in Premiere.

Dick.
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby munickster » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:41 pm

I found one file with 'adorage' in the name in Elements that wasn't in Pro. Copied C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0\Plug-ins\en_US\fx-adorage7.prm to Pro's en_US. Adorage now shows up in Pro. I tried a couple of transitions and they seemed to work OK.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:26 am

Thanks for that solution Dick.

I had precisely the same problem using PPro CS4. The install placed the Adorage file in Media Central but none of the Adobe apps could see it there even though other plug-ins (e.g. Heroglyph, Neat Video...) were there and visible/usable.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Got a reply back from proDad and said to install the Service Pack 2.5.46 and said what the file path should be. During installation the file path was correct and it wouldn't let me change it anyway.

Still problems. In PE3 the Adorage transtition does show up in the list, but looks like it is only one...the smoke transition.

Nothing shows up in Pro. Looked around the folders and found fx-adorage-prm file:

C>ProgramFiles>Adobe>Common>Plugins>CS3>Media Core. In this folder was the fx-adorage prm file, the NewBlueFX folder, BorisCC folder.

Could not find the Adorage folder or prm in PE3, yet one transition is listed in the program.

Any ideas?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:18 pm

I think that when the plugins get installed, if there are more than one supported program (Pro and Elements), the installation may get confused.
I had similar issues when installing Vitascene, Heroglyph and others.

I don't think the plugin should be installed in the Common folder Cheryl, it should be under Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro CS3/Plugins or possibly even another folder. I had to move the files around and even created a separate Adorage folder at one point, but I don't remember what finally worked.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Chuck, thanks. Think I will try to move the prm from the common folder to the Pro plug-in en_us folder and see what happens. During the installation the file path was to the en-us folder. BTW, when I installed Heroglyph it installed no problems and shows up in both programs.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:50 pm

I copied the 'fx-Adorage' prm and moved it to: C>Program Files>Adobe>Plug Ins>en_US and still no luck. Looked at the installation again and the file path did read that it was installing in the Commons folder.

Emailed tech support again.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby munickster » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Cheryl - I'll do another file comparison to see if anything turns up.

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Thanks Dick. I just tried some of the effects in PE3 and none work except the default smoke dissolve. The starter kit is listed with 170 effects. Please let me know if you come up with any answers. Will wait for ProDad to reply. Maybe an uninstall and reinstall?
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby munickster » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:26 pm

momoffduty wrote:Still problems. In PE3 the Adorage transtition does show up in the list, but looks like it is only one...the smoke transition.

Cheryl - For me, only one Adorage transition shows up in the application's video transition window, but if I go to 'show properties' and then 'edit transition', I see all of them.

Is that what you're looking at - edit transitions?

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Next

Return to Plugins & Titlers