They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

ULEAD COOL 3D

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

ULEAD COOL 3D

Postby dalelpaq » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:01 pm

I have been working with a trial version of ULead Cool 3D available for purchase around $60 USD. It is a remarkably powerful 3D animation program that can make 3D text with ease and give it a pretty sophisticated appearance. What I do is set up a title and animate it. Then it can be output as an avi with a transparent background. It's worth the few bucks if 3D text for titling is what you are looking for. dale
dalelpaq
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: ULEAD COOL 3D

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:07 pm

Hey Dale, pictures speak louder than words :)

Got any samples you can post \:D/
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:55 am

I have Cool 3D and have had it for about four years, but I just couldn't get to grips with it so it sits unloved and unused on my software shelf.

For me the biggest issue was that there were (at that time) no useable tutorials, no useable user guides, in fact nothing to get started with. The 'sales trailers' on the Ulead web site showed some really clever effects that could be created but in the complete absence of any guidance for getting started (at least for me then) it was as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Maybe things have changed in the intervening period.....(?)....in which case I maybe should re-visit it?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Peru » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:55 pm

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:I have Cool 3D and have had it for about four years, but I just couldn't get to grips with it so it sits unloved and unused on my software shelf.

For me the biggest issue was that there were (at that time) no useable tutorials, no useable user guides, in fact nothing to get started with. The 'sales trailers' on the Ulead web site showed some really clever effects that could be created but in the complete absence of any guidance for getting started (at least for me then) it was as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Maybe things have changed in the intervening period.....(?)....in which case I maybe should re-visit it?

I recently visited their website-- not much has changed.
;)
Peru

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:55 pm

I too have got it, and would love to have a manual (the Help files are not even close). I liked the above "unloved and unused" comment, 'cause that is how I feel too.

When I picked it up, it had just gone to Corel from Ulead. Has it reverted to Ulead?

While I do like many programs that have come under the Corel banner, I do not like Corel and the way that they "orphan" many of their acquisitions. Painter is one such program. I have had it from back in the Fractal Design days, and finally decided to not upgrade after the 3rd Corel upgrade. Sometimes, I just do not think that the Corel folk "get it." Luckily, I have all of my various versions and keep the last Fractal Design version on one computer, because the Corel versions just do not work as well, though with many additional features. Pretty much the same for the old 3-D Paint. Corel bought it and then killed it. I had a special computer built just to run it, and one other similar app. Now, I think that Photoshop Extended does a lot of the same things, but have not upgraded yet. Maybe when Adobe's Master Collection gets "fixed," I'll spring for the big bucks and check out PS Extended.

If someone has some links to good Cool 3D tutorials, or "how-to" articles, I'd be glad to follow those and try to put the program to good use. Maybe I need to start reading my old 3-D Max books and try to interpolate. I think I have a copy of 3-D Max (about version 2) someplace - maybe on an old computer? Unfortunately, for me, most of my older 3D programs ran on a much lower rez, than the computers that I was on, so the windows are tiny, tiny, tiny! Who can tell what the heck they are doing with a 320x320 box? I know that I never could.

Maybe, if the usage/need is great enough, Muvipix could do a 3D sub-forum. I would certainly love to use these more in my video editing. I used to use other 3D programs and their "painting" adjuncts for ad work in Photoshop, but that was then, and this is now.

Thanks for the info.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby cdeemer » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 pm

I too downloaded the demo but I couldn't make head nor tails of how to use it, nor find any help easily, so I gave up. I'm a busy guy. :???:
Editor, Oregon Literary Review
Artistic Director, Small Screen Video
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:55 am

That Wax plug-in from Debugmode for Premiere Elements also has 3D text, though I'm sure not as sophisticated as ULEAD Cool 3D. I thought I would mention it just in case you don't want to spend any money.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:06 am

I tried ULEAD Cool 3D and Bluff Titler and a couple others, and ended up with Bluff Titler, even though I wasn't looking for a titler to begin with until I got to this thread. What's nice is the gallery on Outerspace.com where you can download from numerous shows other users have made and create presets from them, such as Flames.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Plugins & Titlers