They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Question for BuffTitler users

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

Question for BuffTitler users

Postby Cinde » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:43 pm

I started using V 6.41 in January 08. I have downloaded and installed versions 7.2, then 7.23 and now currently using 7.25. (But have left the previous versions installed.)

When I download shows from the website, they always open in V 6.14. With the new shows in the last month I have not been able to see some of the effects correctly (ex. meltdown.fx). Most of the time I can save the show and close 6.14. Then open v 7.25 and reopen the show and most of the time I am able to see the effects correctly.

Tonight I decided to uninstall all versions except 7.25. I opened Control Panel > Remove Programs. Looked for versions of Bluff Titler and found only one Bluff Titler. When I chose the remove option I saw that it is V 7.25, which is the ONLY one I want to keep.

I opened C: > Program Files… looked at each version… Version 6.41 does not have an uninstall option.
V 7.2, V 7.3, and V 7.25 do have uninstall options.

I opened a folder with show samples and looked for Open With Options… The two options were Firefox browser and Bluff Titler (with no version options).

Then I got the bright idea that I would just delete the whole V 6.41 folder to the Recycle Bin. Bad Choice!!! After the deletion, the only option I had to open a bt file was Firefox, which definitely does not open a BT file. I also had the option of choosing the program to open a .bt file… but when I point to the v 7.25 folder the only thing to choose is the .exe file, which apparently is not recognized by the Open With > choose program > browse option.

So I went back to the recycle bin and restored v 6.14… Now I am back to where I started, all shows open by default with v 6.41. Of course I can first open v 7.25, surf to the folder containing the bt I want to open, but that is beginning to be frustrating.

Now what?

Edited to add that when I checked F9 for the meltdown.fx it tells me that my my Graphics Card is well-equipped for the job. But meltdown.fx is one of the effects that I cannot see in v 7.25
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Question for BuffTitler users

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:56 pm

Is there a book on Bluff Titler ? I only have a copy of Bluff Titler's manual from their website but that doesn't teach us how to use it
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:54 pm

I ran across a pretty good demo/tutorial on BT, when I was thinking about buying it. Now, I cannot seem to find the link to it. When I do, I'll be sure to post it to this thread. I had thought that it was linked from the site, but it might have been in Creative Cow, or from another video production site. I'm checking all of my bookmarks right now, in hopes that I have it someplace.

As for a book, I have not seen one, but would buy it in a heartbeat.

Two that I have found so far are:
http://www.romskye.com/Site/howtogb/howto.php
http://intheviewfinder.blogspot.com/200 ... itler.html (scroll down for the link)

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Kerrie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:25 pm

I bet it was this one Bill, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfkIamYihZE

Very helpful!
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bill Hunt » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Kerrie,

That looks like Bluff Titler's demo-reel. What I saw was a full tutorial on actually using the program, not just the highlights. I'm on the case now, and will report all links that I find. I know that I bookmarked one site.

Thanks,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Here's the link to the Bluff Titler user guide: http://www.outerspace-software.com/manual.html

There is a link to a video tutorial in the getting started section. You can also get to it from http://www.mediablitzed.com/
Bob

Postby Cinde » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Thanks Ryan, Bill, Kerrie and Bob.

Several months ago I downloaded the video tutorial at http://mediablitzed.com/
BluffTitler-Basics.wmv is a 24 minute 75MB download. I have viewed it a few times and it is a great tool. But like the file name says, it is basic.

I’m with Hunt, I would buy a book in a heartbeat. I have downloaded most of the individual online BluffTitler user guide and converted them as MS word docs complete with color pix. I've printed individual sections as I needed them. But there are still occasional stumbling blocks that aren’t answered in the user guide. For example why I couldn’t see the pix in the Carousel Slides Show. I left a comment in the BT gallery, and the answer was as simple as removing the mirror effect.

And I still haven’t found an answer to my original questions about the problems caused when I try to delete the V 6.41 folder. (I suppose I should e-mail michiel again.) Or why I can’t see the meltdown effect although my graphics card is well equipped to do the job. (I'll leave a comment in the BT gallery)

I have found lots of forum/bulletin boards that mention BluffTitler as a good 3d titler. But none of them discuss the problems/issues on a user to user basis... sigh
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Watched the demo reel link that Kerrie posted..thanks!...Looks like there is a lot that comes with BluffTitler. Which is better and/or easier to use: BluffTitler or ProDad's Hieroglyphics?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Cinde » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:14 pm

I still haven't found a bulletin board dedicated to Bluff Titler. Michiel at Bluff Titler and I did have a discussion about a forum but his position is that the functionality of the Gallery is sufficient.

However, he did help me solve the problem... Deleting all versions except the latest.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:27 pm

Maybe we need a Bluff Titler forum :)
Too bad I use Heroglyph instead, makes it hard for me to contribute anything.
Do you suppose they would give me a free copy ?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cinde » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 am

I think it's a great idea! img0234

Just yesterday I did find a small sub forum for BT at Video Friends Forum. http://videofriends.goldenpenproductions.com/tm.asp?m=42496
I introduced myself and invited everyone there to come check us out.
I saw posts by our forum members Allie and Roadside Ron while reading through the rest of the site.

Do I make a wish? img0276 Wait! I already have!
Or would you accept a bribe? img0256
Now, where do we sign the petition for Chuck a free download & registration key for Bluff Titler? img0374

Yeah, I think we should have a Bluff Titler Corner right here on Muvipix.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:36 am

Hey Ron, Under the Video General category/forum can we have a "Plugins and Titlers" forum?
That will cover ProDad stuff, Bluff Titler, and any other plugins that we all use :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:55 am

:) Thanks Ron :)
:-5

There you go Cinde ::C

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bill Hunt » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:38 pm

I think that this is a positive addition to the Muvipix Community boards. Glad that you gentlemen had the idea and then the power to implement it. Job well-done.

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Chuck is one in a Million

Postby Cinde » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:05 am

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. img0291

Psst Chuck, the check’s in the mail. Wait, you can print it from here.

Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Next

Return to Plugins & Titlers