They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Is Bluff Titler compatible with Sony Vegas Pro 8 ?

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

Is Bluff Titler compatible with Sony Vegas Pro 8 ?

Postby ryan_khoo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:53 am

In order not to be out of topic and hijack Jess's thread in PE4, I continue it here.

Bill Hunt recommended a very good Bluff Titler

Bluff Titler: http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html

I got this from the manual regarding the compatibility of Bluff Titler with Vegas
http://www.outerspace-software.com/import.html#vegas

which I cut & paste below:

......................................................................................
Sony Vegas
Transparency

Vegas does not automatically recognize the alpha (transparency) channel in the AVI files. When you right-click on the clip in Vegas and choose Properties you can set the Alpha Channel. In Vegas, there are 3 choices for how to handle alpha channels:

* Straight (unmatted): this option does not seem to work.
* Premultipled: this option works somewhat, but there are blue edges and things are not looking quite right.
* Premultipled (dirty): this option works the best, maybe perfect.

Peculiarities

Vegas 5 refuses to import files from a path containing the word "TITLE" - all uppercase. If ANY or ALL of the letters are lowercase, there is no problem reading or finding the file. Change the directory name, or move the file in question and you should not have any problems opening it.

The Sony Vegas Movie Studio (little brother to Vegas) works the exact same way as the main Vegas application. The lite version can also handle transparent AVIs. You need to click on the video event properties, followed by the media properties to select the premultiplied dirty option.

That was refering to Vegas 5. Now that we are in Vegas 8, anyone who has tried can confirm that the problem been resolve ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Bluff Titler compatible with Sony Vegas Pro 8 ?

Postby Paul LS » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Bluff Titler is a stand alone program. I use it to produce high definition titles that I bring into Sony Vegas and Premiere Elements.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:09 am

Paul LS wrote:Bluff Titler is a stand alone program. I use it to produce high definition titles that I bring into Sony Vegas and Premiere Elements.

Hi Paul,

That is great. When I see you saying you have it, my immediate response is to purchase it since I believe I will have support from you :-D

But before I purchase, which one you think is better, Bluff Titler or Heroglyph ?

Thanks again

Cheers
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:58 am

Hi Ryan, not really sure which one is best as I have only used BluffTitler. I would certainly recommend that you download the BluffTitler trial to ensure it is compatible with your grahics card. Also you can run through the demo clips from within BluffTitler and get a good idea what it can achieve. There is a big price difference between the two programs... so I assume Heroglyph can do more... but not sure what
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ryan_khoo » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:44 am

Paul LS wrote:Hi Ryan, not really sure which one is best as I have only used BluffTitler. I would certainly recommend that you download the BluffTitler trial to ensure it is compatible with your grahics card. Also you can run through the demo clips from within BluffTitler and get a good idea what it can achieve. There is a big price difference between the two programs... so I assume Heroglyph can do more... but not sure what

Thanks, Paul.

FYI, I have purchased the Bluff Titler.

It is quite awesome. I can do simple 3D Text animation now.

For more difficult ones, I just download those that are available on the Gallery and showed it to my 8 year old boy. He said I am a genius. :-D

Thanks again, Paul. You've been very helpful

Cheers
ryan_khoo
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Plugins & Titlers