They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

3-D text

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

3-D text

Postby Niki Burony » Tue May 13, 2008 6:13 pm

I am looking for a way to make a chunky looking font for text and then an video effect to make the text look like its pivoting or swinging around. I saw a "3-D effect" under the video transitions, but I think I need a font or a way to make the text look "fat". So far what I have tried with fonts just looks like very flat text rotating around. Any suggestions?

Niki
Niki Burony

Re: 3-D text

Postby cluelessidiot » Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Here is good video on creating on 3D text.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Nb-kxsCUY
It uses keyframing so it should work in Premiere Elements even though the it is made for Premiere Pro.
cluelessidiot
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Niki Burony » Wed May 14, 2008 6:02 am

Good info on making the text move around, and the shadow used in the video is interesting as well.

Is there a font anyone can recommend or a way I can make the letter have "depth" like a 3-d so that when it pivots/swings you would see the side of the letters?

Niki
Niki Burony

Postby sbfowler » Wed May 14, 2008 6:48 am

There is a very nice program to do all of this (and a lot more). It can be found here http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html

There is a free demo available.
sbfowler
New User
New User

Postby Paul LS » Wed May 14, 2008 7:05 am

I use BluffTitler, some of the demo titles on the homepage are a bit "cheesy", dont be put off by this. It is a powerfull titler and you can get some very good results.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Kerrie » Wed May 14, 2008 9:37 am

Wow, that BluffTitler has a lot of neat things. I am curious, do you create your title or effect in the program and then import it into Premiere as an AVI? And what is the learning curve for this program? I think it would be something I would be interested in, but wonder if those that use the program (SB and Paul) could fill me in with a little more info!!!!
Thanks!
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 am

I export the title as an avi with transparent background and then bring it into Premiere Elements. Download the demo and give it a try.

It is quite intutive to use, if you load a demo title you can play with it and customize it in order to learn the program. It has keyframes etc to give good control of the totle.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Cinde » Wed May 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Add me to the list of Bluff Titler users.

As a matter of fact the "pixel beam" effect used in my video contest entry (Family Reunion) was made using Bluff Titler.
1. Exported as Movie> uncompressed AVI with transparency
2. Imported into PRE 3

I also used Bluff Titler as one of the steps in making the smiley avatar I uploaded a few minutes ago.
1. Screen captured with Camtasia Studio 3 and saved as avi,
2. Imported avi into Bluff Titler then saved as: Export as Movie > Numbered frames with transparencies...
(3 sec video saved 89 consecutively numbered bmp files)
3. Finally imported only 6 of the 89 files into PSE 5 and saved: File > Save for web

There ya have 2 examples of Bluff Titler.... and neither of them even uses a title
Download the demo... What's that old saying? If "I" can do it anyone can
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Kerrie » Wed May 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks Paul LS and Cinde.....I think I gotta have it! Some great stuff to add to productions. Thanks for pointing this product out! :-5

Oh, and Cinde....great new Avitar!
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri May 16, 2008 11:25 am

That is one nice product. If I could afford it, I would buy it. Instead I have to use Google's free SketchUp.

http://sketchup.google.com/

You can create 3D text and animate it with just two sceens, a before and an after. Afterwards you can export it to an AVI file. I didn't see anyway to create transparency, so I created one big neon green rectangle as a background upon which I placed the text. Then I can chromakey out the green in a video editor. You can practically create any 3D object and orbit about it, although the sketchup app is intended for creating buildings for Google Earth.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Plugins & Titlers