They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Trouble with BluffTitler background colors

Discussions about the plethora of Plugins, Titlers and any other third party video editor add-ons.

Trouble with BluffTitler background colors

Postby rvrkids » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Hello - I am new to using BluffTitler. I really like it so far but am having problems with the background colors.

For instance, I am trying to create a white title and applying a border layer (light discs) to the title in black. I then want to enlarge that border to make it look like a black background of the text. This works great when the background is black and the border color is all red. If I change the background to white (or even just a non-black color) so I can see the border color of black, the border is basically non-existent. Even if I choose to make the border just a dark blue instead of black, it comes out looking like a light blue and not at all what is looks like in the color picker....I am assuming that is because it is mixing with the RGB pixels in the background but how can I resolve this issue?

Sometimes it even looks like it is trying to work and I can see a little bit of the border color that I changed it to sticking out behind another color of the border....weird!

Please help this newbie with BluffTitler.
rvrkids

Re: Trouble with BluffTitler background colors

Postby rvrkids » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Okay - I think I get the problem with making the border black...basically black is no color at all in RGB. So does that mean there is no way to do a black border?

And, am I right in that all of the colors in the text and borders etc. are mixing with the background color which is why I am not getting the colors I expect when choosing a color for a border and I have a colored background?

Does this mean it is best to always use a black background to create the text/title if you are not wanting to export the background color and are exporting with transparency?
rvrkids

Re: Trouble with BluffTitler background colors

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:13 pm

I guess this can get complicated. What you need to do is change the effect associated with the "Light Discs" preset.

I don't know what the various effects do, but BluffTitler gives you a description in the Textures and Effects dialog.

First make the border layer the active layer. Then from the menu, select Media > Change Texture. You will see a dialog where you can select the texture and the effect. The current effect is "NotLightened_Additive." This is the reason you don't get black borders, just transparency, when you set the colour to 0,0,0. Select a different effect, such as "Lightened.fx." The effect is located on Windows XP here on my machine: "C:\outerspace software\blufftitler\media\effects\Lightened.fx". After you click OK, go back and change the colour of the border layer to 0,0,0. You should now have a black border.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Plugins & Titlers